Playback error (nvidia shield / emby app)

DenisG
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi,

I have an error "too many errors, giving up" when I try to start playing some videos.

Logs send via the app 11/23/2020 at 8:53 AM (utc -5). Movie I try to launch "Enragé.2020.FRENCH.BDRip.XviD-PREUMS", User connected "DenisG".

I have this error only with the Shield emby app (no problem with Windows app, Web app nor even with my smartphone Android app)

Emby server is native Synology app.

Thanks.

(versions for emby server and emby player are latest at this time)

Hi.  Can we please see the ffmpeg logs generated from that session?  Something is wrong with the audio track.

• Solution

What is the source of these files?  The device is not able to handle the audio but, since it is already the most basic format (mp3) we never try to convert it so it just fails in all attempts.

Can you try re-muxing one of them?

I just fix the file with Mkvtoolnix. I can read it with all Emby app, including my Shield.

It seems that the Shield emby app is more "sensitive" with incorrect files than the other apps (no problems with vlc on shield for example). I just wonder if there is something to do on my Shield to be more tolerant with incorrect files.

5 minutes ago, DenisG said:

It seems that the Shield emby app is more "sensitive" with incorrect files

Yes, the player we are using is developed by Google and they are sticklers about proper inputs.  Whenever we report something like this to them their answer is always to fix the input to be correct.

We are working on customizations, however, that should help make the player more tolerant of these.

Thanks.

Ok, I would start with fixing the file next time.

Can you please mark as solved (I don"t know where to do this and if I can do it)

Thanks for your help.