Crash on Spacebar during playback

getack
Go to solution Solved by getack,

Hello Community

I've been enjoying Emby Theater for about 6 months now, it's been a charm and works brilliantly. Much better than the Kodi plugins and way more reliable!

Over the last week or so I've been experiencing an issue which is a bit annoying.

Issue #1:

During playback, when I press the spacebar to pause the video, then the app closes instantly (I assume it crashes?). When one of the other buttons on the play bar (such as subtitles or fullscreen or whatever) have focus, then the spacebar actuates that button, meaning it works as expected.

Issue #2:

During playback, when I want to make the app fullscreen, I doubleclick in the video area. When I do this the app closes instantly (again, I assume it crashes). When I make fullscreen by clicking the fullscreen button in the playback bar, then it works.

What I have done:

• Uninstalled and re-installed the app
  • Tried it with various movies and tv shows, same result
  • Tried on a different windows machine, where Emby was never installed before, got the same result.

Specs:

• Emby installed from the windows store, current version is reported as 1.1.326.0
  • Windows 10 Home/Pro, build 20h2

The one thing I still want to try is to install it straight rather than going through the app store, but sceptical if that will render a better result for me.

As you can imagine this is pretty annoying, as I have well-established muscle memory for both the above actions, and my wife and I pause frequently when we are watching something that we want to discus.

Any troubleshooting advice you want to give will be greatly appreciated, or at least an acknowledgement that this is a known issue or something.

Thanks,

getack

• Solution

Hello Luke

Thanks for the response.

I went ahead and installed the desktop version, but things did not seem to work so nice with both the store and desktop version running at the same time. When I went to the store to remove that version I got prompted for an update.

Running version 1.1.328.0 now, and it seems like the issue has been resolved. When I get back to my living room I'll update my HTPC to the same latest version and see if that does the trick.

Will keep you updated!

• 1 month later...

Totally forgot to update and close this thread. Sorry for that.

The problem has gone away after a version update, both on my laptop and HTPC. 

Thanks!