Emby 4.6.0.6 now on 12.2?

Baenwort

Baenwort

So I'm using Emby on TrueNAS 12 (FreeBSD 12.1 jails) and up to 4.6.0.5 everything was fine on versions. However, with 4.6.0.6 emby is now asking for 12.2...

image.thumb.png.cf286a4e5ffc90b4afd2a6b4110ded85.png

TrueNAS won't be on 12.2 for a while... are we going to have a version issue for months again?

alucryd

What happens if you say yes? Our freebsd VMs have been upgraded to the latest point release. You can build from the ports tree if you absolutely require the latest beta, it's only a version to change.

Baenwort

I run the beta's to test on behalf of the community and pitch back for what I gain. I don't require it.

There is a bug in 12.2 that prevents TrueNAS (I suppose some portion size of this community) from upgrading jails to 12.2 at this time: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/iocage-jail-12-0-to-12-2-install-errors.88944/#post-615847

alucryd

Please answer the question, what happens if you say yes? Mismatch in versions is not the end of the world, since we ship the most problematic libraries, there's a good chance it'll just work for a long time, at least until 12.1 becomes unsupported, at which point TrueNAS should have had no choice but to upgrade to 12.2 or greater anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Baenwort

I have tried saying Yes and have not yet seen a problem. 

However, from past experience when Emby builds on a version of FreeBSD that is ahead of the FreeNAS/TrueNAS kernel version problems invariably crop up.  The other direction has not been a issue (Emby on a lower version than the Jail) in the past.

FreeBSD_Lover

Probably not the best answer but consider running FreeBSD and not FreeNAS/TrueNAS, at least on your next hardware platform. I made that decision years ago and have never been happier. Yeah sometimes you have to do some digging and figuring things out; but in the end you end up being able to depend on yourself more. I mean this with sincere best wishes, and no other agenda.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, Baenwort said:

I have tried saying Yes and have not yet seen a problem. 

However, from past experience when Emby builds on a version of FreeBSD that is ahead of the FreeNAS/TrueNAS kernel version problems invariably crop up.  The other direction has not been a issue (Emby on a lower version than the Jail) in the past.

I have upgraded to TrueNas 12 as well a few days ago and more by accident then really free will upgraded some of my jails to 12.2 instead of 12.1. As they run happily besides the 12.1 I did not try downgrade see, nor see the need to upgrade the other 12.1 I am running. My emby jail is still on 12.1 though, as I don't seem to run the latest 4.6 install of emby in there (pkg upgrade just only pulled me 4.5.4.0).

The bug you mentioned earlier seems already fixed, otherwise that printed commandline to upgrade my jails to 12.2 would not have worked here.

So if you wanna get rid of mixed messages, I would suggest a snapshot and just try the upgrade to 12.2.

And please tell me, how I could get to that 4.6. version path of emby.