MBC - Bring Back "Sort By User (tmdb) Rating"

Luke

SpiderValley

Up until a couple months ago, in MBC, in addition to being able to sort by name, runtime, etc., you could sort by user rating. (i.e. The movies with 10/10 on one end, descending to the movies closer to 1/10.)

In recent months, when you choose to sort by rating, it merely sorts by MPAA ratings, (PG, PG-13, R). I'm sure some find this useful, but is there any chance of bringing back the option to sort by the user rating?

Thanks.

• Like 5

Sort by user rating was eliminated when MBC was first created over a year ago...

Some themes still incorrectly labeled it as user rating but it was actually sorting by parental rating.

if he wants tmdb rating then i think he's referring to community rating.

I know. 

MB 2 used to have two "rating" sorts (user and parental) but MBC only ever has had one (parental).

• 1 month later...
MrWebsmith

agreed.. +1 here

i had folks over and im newest dev (211) i think and and using the chocolate theme.. and theyre staring at both stars (out of 5) and the rotten tomatoes %.. and yet you cant sort by either of them to get a "best to worse" desc. list...

would be nice to have anything added, even if i have to work on updating my metadata to support this

update: to those wanting this feature the way you "vote" for it is to like the original post at the top as well as commenting.

Edited by MrWebsmith

• 3 weeks later...
SpiderValley

I know it was possible to sort by the tmdb rating with Media Browser Classic since that's all I've ever used and I was bummed when it stopped working. I've been using MB since Dec. 2013 and since spring of 2014, probably around March/April/May the sort by "User Rating" button started to sort them by rating from parental rating (G, PG, R) rather than community score ratings (1-10).

After I borught this up on these forums, the button was then changed to just say "Rating" and since then it has continued to be just for sorting by parental rating. I'm positive the feature once existed. I remember sometimes getting impatient when I was scrolling through my movies looking for something to fall asleep to, because I would have to wade through screen after screen of the highest rated Oscar-winning movies to get to something average. Or if I started scrolling from the other side, it would be all the the movies rated 2 & 3 first, with all the 5s, 6s in the middle. Not trying to be contrary, but I know I was able to do it at one point. One great thing: If I knew what level of movie I wanted ( a mediocre 5, an acclaimed 9) I could just press the number on my remote and it would take me to the movies rated with that score.

If there is ever an oppotunity to look into it adding this functionality that'd be great, but either way I really enjoy all that MB has to offer, so thanks to everyone who does add all these wonderful features.

Edited by SpiderValley

• 1 month later...