Problems with rewinding

lordlance

lordlance

BTW is it possible that enabling transcoding certainly makes Emby transcode when it didn't earlier? When I played the Deer Hunter, the DTS audio was being transcoded when that wasn't the case earlier.

41 minutes ago, lordlance said:

BTW is it possible that enabling transcoding certainly makes Emby transcode when it didn't earlier? When I played the Deer Hunter, the DTS audio was being transcoded when that wasn't the case earlier.

Remember that Emby apps will always try to avoid transcoding whenever possible. There's nothing you need to do to enable this. If you force it you're just going to open yourself up to problems that are mentioned in the help text underneath the option.

If you enable it and you see that it is transcoding, then there is a valid reason for it based on device support, device settings, settings in the Emby app, etc.

lordlance
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

I've never heard of that domain. Can you please attach it here ? Thanks.

No because the file size is too large. You can Google WeTransfer - it's a file sharing website.

lordlance
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is this another example with restricted access to transcoding?

There were never any examples with restricted access to transcoding in the first place. I already told you that in the 5.1 page.

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you also please describe the issue? We're not always able to watch a video. Thanks.

When I rewind, the audio starts first then the video catches up. Happens with a 17 Mbps bit rate file but not with a 35Mbps bit rate file - strange.

lordlance
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is this another example with restricted access to transcoding?

Actually you might have a point there. I watched The Deer Hunter before enabling transcoding. This question is on hold until further notice then.

Can you answer my 5.1 question till then?