Where is the "Now Playing" queue bar?

Blindrock

Blindrock

Hi, I started using Emby a few days ago and I am very excited by the server/application. But there is one thing that is very annoying, in my opinion, and I don't event know if it's a bug, if it's something not implemented or something something that I don't understand very well.  

What I am talking about is "Where does the Now Playing queue bar" goes??? And I am talking about when I am listening to music. Everytime I hit stop, it diapered and I can't find it.  I cannot resume my list easel. I have to go the process of finding my playlist, finding the track I was listening to and re-start from there.

I have the same behavior on the web app. If I hit stop, it goes away! 

Also, sometime it can happen that for some reason we close the apps.  For exemple, on my Galaxy A5, I if I hit "back" too many time it's close Emby.  Then, when I re-open it, it start from scratch and I can't find the "Now playing queue list" that was just running a few second go.

I looked for that through the community, that I found very well updated, but didn't find any good answer for that. 

Edited by Blindrock

Hi.  The stop button is intended for stopping and clearing out the music session.  Try hitting pause instead and it should hang around.

• 3 weeks later...
Blindrock

The thing is that the application stop very often for many reason.  If we listen to music and we pause for a long period of time, when I hit play It kinda never resume. It just do nothing, even trying to play something else.  Then I have to close the application, open it again and there is no way to retrieve the "Now Playing" list.  This is very annoying.  

This also occured when I would like top resume my music in my car. As soon as the bluthooth detect my phone the music pause and it never resume, even if I hit play.  I have to close it and play something else.

BTW I just switch my phone from Android 8 to Android 11 and I have the same behavior.

6 minutes ago, Blindrock said:

The thing is that the application stop very often for many reason.  If we listen to music and we pause for a long period of time, when I hit play It kinda never resume. It just do nothing, even trying to play something else.  Then I have to close the application, open it again and there is no way to retrieve the "Now Playing" list.  This is very annoying.  

This also occured when I would like top resume my music in my car. As soon as the bluthooth detect my phone the music pause and it never resume, even if I hit play.  I have to close it and play something else.

BTW I just switch my phone from Android 8 to Android 11 and I have the same behavior.

Hi, what version of the android app do you have?

Blindrock

Long Pause? 

BTW I forgot to tell that when I stop my car it doesn't pause by itself, it just continue playing directly on my phone.  I have to unlocked find the App and then hit pause.  Same thing with my wireless bluetooth headpohone.

You said this earlier:

If we listen to music and we pause for a long period of time, when I hit play It kinda never resume.

So I was curious about that.

BTW I forgot to tell that when I stop my car it doesn't pause by itself, it just continue playing directly on my phone.  I have to unlocked find the App and then hit pause.  Same thing with my wireless bluetooth headpohone.

Are you playing directly in the app or are you using the Android Auto feature?

Same thing with my wireless bluetooth headpohone.

3.1.69 includes an update to pause when the headphones are disconnected.

Blindrock

Well I hope that the App improve. I would like to use it instead of MediaMonkey, but right now it looked like MM is much more stable.

But about the "Now Playing List" many player have this ability.  It would be nice to keep the actual playing list on our profile.  It could be good to resume on another device like Spotify.

4 minutes ago, Blindrock said:

Well I hope that the App improve. I would like to use it instead of MediaMonkey, but right now it looked like MM is much more stable.

But about the "Now Playing List" many player have this ability.  It would be nice to keep the actual playing list on our profile.  It could be good to resume on another device like Spotify.

If you click the icon in the bottom right of the now playing bar, that will take you to the now playing list.

Blindrock

Well it just happen again. Another similar bug that I have been experiencing.  I Just load à Christmas genre mix, it played one track and then it stopped. I open the application, click on next track icon and nothing happen. Then I go into the playing list and I see like the activity icon is moving on the first track, like if it is still playing. So I click on the next track ans suddenly I see the splash screen of Emby and realized that it is restarting by itself... And there is no actual playing list anymore.  It is just gone and I Will have to restart all the process again by finding the Christmas genre and start a New list that will eventually crash again. 

Blindrock

Thanks for your Help.

B.T.W. I did pause a song overnight and when I took my phone this morning the notification progress was gone and when I started Emby I got the splash screen and no more progression.

Edited by Blindrock
Hit submit without editing. It just repost my previous post.