Network / Remote - App Restart necessary

CathMowr

CathMowr

Aloha!

I noticed that  every time I change from a network to my remote mobile connection or the other way around the Emby app seems to loose contact to my server - media and menus stop loading and i have to close and restart the app. Is this a problem on Embys side or on the server side? And if it is on Embys side - is there a plan to fix this? Or can I fix this myself?

This issue can get a bit annoying in combination with the missing "Continue Listening" feature for music in the home screen - every time this happens i have to search album and song i just listened to again.. Fixing one of those two (if possible) would be freaky freakin awesome.

All the best!

Edited by CathMowr

Hi, the app does support automatic switching in the user interface, just not yet during the middle of playback.

This issue can get a bit annoying in combination with the missing "Continue Listening" feature for music in the home screen

This is not missing. It's a feature for audio book libraries.

CathMowr

Hey Luke,

sp do i have to switch something manually? At the moment, content doesn't seem to load the moment i leave the play cue after leaving my network.

3 hours ago, Luke said:

This is not missing. It's a feature for audio book libraries.

I know, your colleague ebr informed me about this in another thread but could't give me an answer to why this is not available for normal audio libraries - especially when it is already there for audio books. Maybe you can enlighten me, I don't see a reason why to limit it to this one library type, but maybe I am missing something.

I know, your colleague ebr informed me about this in another thread but could't give me an answer to why this is not available for normal audio libraries - especially when it is already there for audio books. Maybe you can enlighten me, I don't see a reason why to limit it to this one library type, but maybe I am missing something.

Let's continue the discussion in the other topic rather than having the same conversation in multiple places.

sp do i have to switch something manually? 

No, but you may have to be patient as it goes through the saved addresses for your server and tries them all until one of them works (the remote url).

CathMowr

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Let's continue the discussion in the other topic rather than having the same conversation in multiple places.

We talked about it in this thread. Not 100 % on topic but kind of. - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/91604-elements-do-not-show-on-home-screen-bug-or-stupid-me/&tab=comments#comment-947114

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

No, but you may have to be patient as it goes through the saved addresses for your server and tries them all until one of them works (the remote url).

Ok. Practically it seems to be faster if i close and reopen. My workaoround was to disable WLAN connections on my phone in general when I use Emby, but i don't know if this would work for most of your customers.