May be dumb question - livetv on lg

Dt225

OK - I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm doing this for the first time.

I have installed Emby on my new LG TV. I want to use the aerial plugged into the LG to pick up OTA TV signal for Emby to use. Is this possible? It seems to be that Emby only recognises things like hd homerun. Will it not detect LG's antenna and download TV guide and allow me to view TV? I really want to use the DVR functionality.

I have premiere btw.

When I go to Emby server on my computer (which I am using to sync my synology movie server), I have inserted the premiere key. When it comes to adding 'live sources' - the list is restricted. I get that - the aerial isn't running into my computer, it's running into my TV!

Sorry for sounding so dumb. I just assumed the LG emby app would just work.

Any help appreciated!

Will it not detect LG's antenna and download TV guide and allow me to view TV? 

Hi, no, it will not. You need to setup a tuner and guide source in Emby Server.

rbjtech

The LG (or another other client app) allows Emby to be viewed/played TO that device but it does not provide any source FROM that device.

From experience, the easiest and most flexible solution (not just for emby) is the hdhomerun - once it's on your network, any device can use it to watch/record TV over the network.