Live tv stream limit

niiknok

I installed a live tv using iptv m3u and set 5 max stream limit after 3 connections my tv stopped or i get kicked out while watching. Any solution on this problem. Thx in advance.

mark-in-dallas

You need to check with your IPTV provider to see how many connections they allow.  It sounds to me like you are exceeding their limit.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

This probably is due to a connection limit from your IPTV provider and is not caused by Emby.

Edited by mark-in-dallas
  • Like 1

I dnt think so coz once you intalled the m3u list on your server the provider will see only 1 player as played, i tried to to adjust the stream user limit but didnt work. theres a guy who did this and im on his server and give me 5 connections.i can’t figure it out how did he do that.

Whats the use of emby premiere, if your live tv cant run multiple users using m3u list. Just buy iptv and watch live tv ppv/vod/premium movies and more.

Afaik they are overhauling the whole Live TV functionality.

So, stay tuned! I am looking forward to it as well. 😉

Edited by neik
  • Like 1

pir8radio
34 minutes ago, niiknok said:

Whats the use of emby premiere, if your live tv cant run multiple users using m3u list. Just buy iptv and watch live tv ppv/vod/premium movies and more.

Not sure what you mean...  I have premier and use an M3U, and have many users that can watch tv and movies from my emby... 

Edited by pir8radio

vdatanet

Maybe he is using a m3u playlist and the IPTV server provider only allows one concurrent connection. In that case, Emby has nothing to do. He needs a multi-room account from his IPTV provider.

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, niiknok said:

Hi.  We don't provide any content so I'm not sure what you were expecting here but this functionality is not related to Premiere at all.  It would be related to the source of your m3u.  Emby Premiere is not a method for circumventing any of their limitations and we do not advertise it that way.

mark-in-dallas
3 hours ago, niiknok said:

I dnt think so coz once you intalled the m3u list on your server the provider will see only 1 player as played, i tried to to adjust the stream user limit but didnt work. theres a guy who did this and im on his server and give me 5 connections.i can’t figure it out how did he do that.

That is completely incorrect.  Your IPTV provider will see every stream being played and count each as a separate connection.  The exception to that is if they are all watching the same stream.

I have had IPTV providers that allowed only a single connection at a time and others that allow as many as 5.  It depends on  what your provider offers and how many connections you have paid for.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

4 hours ago, pir8radio said:

Not sure what you mean...  I have premier and use an M3U, and have many users that can watch tv and movies from my emby... 

can u add me on your server i wanna see how it runs.

Usa51213@yahoo.com thx

Edited by niiknok

3 hours ago, mark-in-dallas said:

That is completely incorrect.  Your IPTV provider will see every stream being played and count each as a separate connection.  The exception to that is if they are all watching the same stream.

I have had IPTV providers that allowed only a single connection at a time and others that allow as many as 5.  It depends on  what your provider offers and how many connections you have paid for.

Theres a guy who did this multiple connections b4 he is asking also same questions like me. but he’s not gonna tell the secret  coz making $$$ from enby live tv. Thats why u will notice on live tv set up theres a limit on users connections thats the use of it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, neik said:

Afaik they are overhauling the whole Live TV functionality.

So, stay tuned! I am looking forward to it as well. 😉

Its  supposed to be like that coz u have your own server,  that  means file sharing. Some people dnt understand what is nas server🤣

mark-in-dallas
3 hours ago, niiknok said:

Theres a guy who did this multiple connections b4 he is asking also same questions like me. but he’s not gonna tell the secret  coz making $$$ from enby live tv. Thats why u will notice on live tv set up theres a limit on users connections thats the use of it. 

Since you seem to believe that you know more than I or anyone else here, I will bow down to your incorrect wisdom and offer no further assistance.  

UPDATE!!! I’m almost there!!!  my iptv service is 1 connection only includes live tv PPV/VOD/ premium movies. if iwatch live tv it kicked me out if its more than 1 connection. I tried to watched VOD 3 connections runs good. Im thinking my poweredge server is the culprit or live tv takes too much bandwidth. 
ENjoy😆😆😆you will never learn if you dnt make a mistakes.👍

pir8radio

6 hours ago, niiknok said:

can u add me on your server i wanna see how it runs.

Usa51213@yahoo.com thx

No, but glad your figured it out......

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 10:50 PM, niiknok said:

UPDATE!!! I’m almost there!!!  my iptv service is 1 connection only includes live tv PPV/VOD/ premium movies. if iwatch live tv it kicked me out if its more than 1 connection. I tried to watched VOD 3 connections runs good. Im thinking my poweredge server is the culprit or live tv takes too much bandwidth. 
ENjoy😆😆😆you will never learn if you dnt make a mistakes.👍

They may not count VOD connections the same way (some don't count these streams) but if you only have 1 stream for IPTV then you are only going to get 1 channel at a time.

Look around a bit and you should easily find providers that give you 3 to 5 simultaneous streams.

I know that, ill just stick on my iptv service paying premium on emby is NON SENSE  streaming your own server and pay for live m3u list.🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Premiere helps pay the bills for infrastructure, support, guide data and developers so they can continue building out this great software so you can serve up your media, your way.  Premiere does unlock many cool features and devices but of course this is totally up to you.

• Like 1

mark-in-dallas
15 minutes ago, niiknok said:

I know that, ill just stick on my iptv service paying premium on emby is NON SENSE  streaming your own server and pay for live m3u list.🤣🤣🤣

Wow, I would almost say that I'm surprised how unappreciative you are of the help you were offered in resolving the issue and advising of what the problem was, and how dismissive you were until the reason was proven, but in todays age of entitlement and expectations sadly I'm not.

I'm not sure why anyone would think Emby can "magically" give you more streams then you pay your provider for.  Emby can share the stream however so you could have 4 or 5 people watching the same stream but it's still just one stream from the provider.  When you go with a provider that gives you 3 to 5 streams things open up tremendously as you can then record and watch things simultaneously.

• Like 1

pir8radio
23 hours ago, cayars said:

I'm not sure why anyone would think Emby can "magically" give you more streams then you pay your provider for.  Emby can share the stream however so you could have 4 or 5 people watching the same stream but it's still just one stream from the provider.  When you go with a provider that gives you 3 to 5 streams things open up tremendously as you can then record and watch things simultaneously.

true...   but if it was something like a Pay-Per-View and you know everyone is going to watch the same channel.  🙂   Stream sharing in that case is pretty magical.

LOL For sure and that's been known to happen off my server for family when there are good boxing matches or UFC fights.