Library entries show up as a entry in a folder?

Avolow

Hello all.

I have been doing a re-setup of my server and am having an issue with multipart movies.

For some reason my multipart movies have been showing up as a folder with the entries inside, if that makes sense.  Hoping someone might know what is going on.

Example:  Pearl Harbor

The library looks like this -

Emby1.JPG.188f62283542ff8265254e8e6d63a4c5.JPG

Click on Pearl Harbor and you get this -

1929351423_Emby2.thumb.JPG.a557762421be29b99c71aba393d54c1c.JPG

Click on Pearl Harbor here and you get this -

1836339439_Emby3.thumb.JPG.f6076a322b849c6a8751af3a1ca6787e.JPG

The directory where the movie resides looks like this -

824821505_Emby4.JPG.548b0a214e42cb35e81759dbe56cd485.JPG

I have tried several different things from the movie naming page ( https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming ), but none have worked.

I am running on a Raspberry Pi 4 under DietPi if that is important for this question.

All of my libraries have been set up as mixed content since I do have TV shows mixed in with movies in most folders.  Would this have anything to do with this issue? 

Any ideas would be much appreciated. 

Thank you,

Avolow.

Hi.  You need to follow the naming convention for multi-part items exactly.  e.g.  Your videos should be:

Pearl Harbor - A.m4v
Pearl Harbor - B.m4v

Or, better yet, just combine the two into one file.  That will provide you much better functionality.

20 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You need to follow the naming convention for multi-part items exactly.  e.g.  Your videos should be:

Pearl Harbor - A.m4v
Pearl Harbor - B.m4v

Or, better yet, just combine the two into one file.  That will provide you much better functionality.

Thank you for your replies, I am a bit of a noob at video.  I spent a few days looking through topics but didn't have any luck with anything I was able to find, which didn't seem to replicate my issue.

That is one of the naming conventions I tried as well as Pearl Harbor - Part1.m4v, PearlHarbor - DVD1.m4v, PearlHarborA.m4v and several others.  All have the same result.

What is the best software people use to merge their files?  I have tried "Open Shot Video Editor", but it makes the video image a bit darker than the original parts, and no mater the resolution I use it makes the file huge requiring I run them through Handbreak to knock the size back down. 

Thank you,

Avolow.

Thank you very much for pointing me to mkvmerge. 😁  Merging the files is working great for me and is a much better solution.

Much appreciated! 😊

Avolow.