"Play Next" Should Move Songs In The Play Queue

CivBase

When I select "Play Next" for a song, it creates a new item in the play queue immediately after the song that's currently playing.  This is great for adding songs to the play queue.  However, if I select "Play Next" for a song already in the play queue, I want to move the existing item in the queue instead of creating a new one.  Same thing when I select "Add to Play Queue".

Initial play queue:

1. Song A
  2. Song B <- Now Playing
  3. Song C
  4. Song D
  5. Song E

If I select "Play Next" for Song D...

What currently happens:

1. Song A
  2. Song B <- Now Playing
  3. Song D
  4. Song C
  5. Song D
  6. Song E

What I want:

1. Song A
  2. Song B <- Now Playing
  3. Song D
  4. Song C
  5. Song E
Edited by CivBase

Hi, I'm not so sure about this. I just compared to both spotify and apple music and this is not what they do.

This is what Google Play Music does and I personally think it is more intuitive.  I'm not sure in what scenario I would want to duplicate a song that's already in the play queue just to play it next.

When I choose "play next" in the play queue, it's usually because I'm playing a playlist on shuffle and someone requested I play a particular song from the queue next.  In that case, I don't want to play it again later.

But if people want to keep the existing functionality, maybe a better solution would be to add a separate "Move to next" option to the context menu for items in the play queue?  That save users like me from having to delete the original queue item after selecting "play next" for it.

The one that's being retired.  That's the main reason why I switched to Emby for music hosting.  Luckily I was already using it for my other media 🙂

Can't host my own music on YouTube Music and, frankly, I've been getting sick of how Google handles their services.

Edited by CivBase