How to update emby server on android box which system is openwrt and docker ce.

plsharevme

i follow this tutorial to install emby on n1 box which is openwrt & docker ce ,it super cheap anddroid box to host emby server and quite stable.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wTbSRLWofIyxyMeHibSGuzZRt3yqS81X3QvLWq12Z54/edit

it in chinese guide.

The basic setting is use rclone mount google shared drive, and install emby server to manage cloud drive

cd /mnt/mmcblk1p3/docker

mkdir -p emby

cd emby

mkdir -p config

mkdir -p share1

mkdir -p share2

sleep 60 && rclone mount emby: /mnt/mmcblk1p3/docker/emby/share2 \

--umask 0000 \

--default-permissions \

--no-check-certificate \

--allow-non-empty \

--allow-other \

--vfs-cache-mode writes \

--vfs-read-chunk-size 32M \

--vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 256M \

--buffer-size 128M \

--use-mmap \

--daemon &

cd mnt/mmcblk1p3/docker

docker pull emby/embyserver_arm64v8

docker run -d --name emby --restart=always -v /mnt/mmcblk1p3/docker/emby/config:/config -v /mnt/mmcblk1p3/docker/emby/share1:/mnt/share1 -v /mnt/mmcblk1p3/docker/emby/share2:/mnt/share2 -p 1900:1900 -p 7359:7359 -p 7359:7359/udp -p 8096:8096 -p 8920:8920 --env UID=0 --env GID=0  emby/embyserver_arm64v8:latest

Can anyone guide me how to update emby to latest version if runing by this setup? 

i go to docker directory and run docker pull emby/embyserver_arm64v8 ,it show pull complete but version is old number.

i also try using but also pull complete nothing happen.

docker pull emby/embyserver:latest

Appreciate your help !! 

plsharevme

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what version do you have?

version 4.4.3.0

it show 

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 4.5.2.0 is now available for download.

plsharevme
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Well since you're running docker I would use the install instructions on our website:

https://emby.media/docker-server.html

i see the article say update is only command below , but after it complete pull it nothing happen.

docker pull emby/embyserver:latest

or i still need run the whole installation process? like bellow old parameter 1 more time?

docker run -d --name emby --restart=always -v /mnt/mmcblk1p3/docker/emby/config:/config -v /mnt/mmcblk1p3/docker/emby/share1:/mnt/share1 -v /mnt/mmcblk1p3/docker/emby/share2:/mnt/share2 -p 1900:1900 -p 7359:7359 -p 7359:7359/udp -p 8096:8096 -p 8920:8920 --env UID=0 --env GID=0  emby/embyserver_arm64v8:latest
Luke

The first one is to get the latest. The second one is how you actually run it. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

plsharevme
16 hours ago, Luke said:

The first one is to get the latest. The second one is how you actually run it. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

i using pull docker pull emby/embyserver_arm64v8 and then docker ps -a to check the container id of emby and docker stop embyid , and docker rm emby

after i paste second one my emby now cannot start anymore.

plsharevme

maybe the hardware i install emby is on tiny media player box by openwrt os , it maybe no compatible with latest emby  due to old kerney or something , anything i can pull the old version of emby .??

thanks .

plsharevme
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you try rebooting your machine?

yes ,already try reboot , then i use docker stats , it show the container alway restart........after few second.

plsharevme

the guide is told install using emby/embyserver_arm64v8 , and i success install and run it using 5 month without problem , then update with fail ,......

after test countless time , i use emby/embyserver_arm32v7 finally it working ........................