Task to Set/Unset Show Missing Episodes for Faster Scans

bakes82

bakes82

I like the idea of showing the Missing Episodes, but I dont want the scan times to be long.  So Id rather have a task that would scan with the missing episodes flag "On" during off hours.

It looks like I can set the option on the Libraries, and then just start a new library scan?  Does this seem like the best approach then I guess at some other time set it off.  So maybe 1AM Set Flag On, start scan, then 7am set option off?  Scans for rest of day would not do missing episodes?

Just based on quick looking this looks to be it.

1. Get a list of baseItems of type TV/that I want to run this on.

2. Get the options

3. Change ImportMissingEpisodes = true

4. Update options

5. queue new scan

Question: How do I update the library Options, I see GetLibraryOptions but not a Update/Post in the Plugin API, do I call updateItem?

var libraryOptions = LibraryManager.GetLibraryOptions();
libraryOptions.ImportMissingEpisodes = true;
LibraryManager.UpdateItem(null, null, ); //Is this right?
LibraryManager.QueueLibraryScan();

I wouldn't do that because by turning off the feature you're going to end up cleaning the existing records out of the database, and then later when you turn it on it will have to go and recreate them.

The current behavior is an incremental approach where it only does the what is necessary based on changes to your files and tvdb metadata. I really would just leave this as-is. It does not take up a significant portion of the work in the library scan.

17 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

Well does every new addition of a file trigger the "Refresh Internet Channels" then waits for that to finish?

No. That task has no relationship with your files.