Series recordings glitch

mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

I have a couple of programs that are set as series recordings that do not recognize all airings.  It does not happen with all programs, but for those that it does if I go to one of the airings that are not recognized and set that one as a series recording it will show up twice in the Series tab.  I have tried changing the recording settings from recording only new episode to record all episodes.  I have changed the setting from recording only on that channel to recording on all channels, and I have unchecked the Don't record episodes that are already in my library, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to consolidate them into a single series recording.

I have created a short recording to better detail this, and it also happens to have exposed another glitch that occasionally happens in a web browser, where when I try to go back to a previous menu the top banner and menu are missing and I have to refresh the page to get them back.  This happens very infrequently and there doesn't seem to be a pattern I can follow to duplicate the issue, which is why I haven't reported it before.

mark-in-dallas

Sure thing.  I thought a video would do a better job of capturing it but here's a couple of screenshots.  I can also create an admin account for you and let you login and see for yourself,  if you'd like. 

1159262903_Dateline1.thumb.jpg.172dfa504b6eaa8a97166303c07cc248.jpg

1225279357_Dateline2.thumb.jpg.96fc9aed59086c92865c5f916d7fbe3f.jpg

Series.thumb.jpg.e6fd0839d341901d11f9d741018487ec.jpg

Edited by mark-in-dallas

Had a look and believe it's because of the guide data.  These likely appear to be different shows to Emby as even the dates are different ie 1992 & 2020.

image.png.daea8eddc668bfb948e25c4882ab12da.png

• Like 1

mark-in-dallas

That makes sense I guess, because I believe that some movie remakes are identified as a remake by including the year.

Thanks for taking a look!

• Like 1