Emby Dolby Vision LG OLED

Funkmaster123
Go to solution Solved by Funkmaster123,

Funkmaster123

Hi zusammen,

ich bin ganz frisch hier bei Emby und mir gefällt die Oberfläche sehr gut.

Ich habe den Emby Server zu Testzwecken auf meiner Synology laufen. Als Client benutze ich die LG App von Emby.

Leider erkennt die App nicht, ob Dolby Vision Content abgespielt wird.

Könnt ihr mir sagen ob DV unterstützt wird oder nicht?

Vielen Dank und viele Grüße
Funkmaster

Funkmaster123
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, does your TV support it?

It is LG OLED CX9, so yes ist supports DV.

But if i play content from my Synology NAS, the TV do not switch to Dolby Vision display mode. HDR is working fine.

• Like 1

Hi, can you please confirm the playback method from 'Stats for Nerds' on the client (in the playback menu)?  Is it DirectPlay, DirectStream or Transcoding?

You can also confirm the method on the server dashboard during playback

Funkmaster123
19 hours ago, SamES said:

Hi, can you please confirm the playback method from 'Stats for Nerds' on the client (in the playback menu)?  Is it DirectPlay, DirectStream or Transcoding?

You can also confirm the method on the server dashboard during playback

It is "Direct Play"

If it is DirectPlay, then the file is being played in its original format, without any intervention.  Therefore, as long as the file contains Dolby Vision (and it is in a format the TV supports) then I expect it should work.

I expect that there may be limitations on what file formats/containers and codecs support Dolby Vision.

If you put the file on a USB device and connect it directly to the TV and play it using the built-in media player, does DV work on the file? 

• Solution
Funkmaster123
3 hours ago, SamES said:

If it is DirectPlay, then the file is being played in its original format, without any intervention.  Therefore, as long as the file contains Dolby Vision (and it is in a format the TV supports) then I expect it should work.

I expect that there may be limitations on what file formats/containers and codecs support Dolby Vision.

If you put the file on a USB device and connect it directly to the TV and play it using the built-in media player, does DV work on the file? 

it was no DV content :D omg...filename just contained DV but it was no DV.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Daicon
On 11/23/2020 at 10:32 AM, SamES said:

On 11/23/2020 at 2:19 PM, Funkmaster123 said:

it was no DV content :D omg...filename just contained DV but it was no DV.

Hello

After reading this thread, I have understood that the Emby application on Lg WebOs, plays Dolby Vision in the new MKV containers ??

Or am I getting confused?

I have tested on my oled c8 TV, and it does not play in DV only in HDR.

I have opened a request to see if it is possible to add compatibility in the LG Emby app, to play the new MKVs with DV Dual layer.

Thank you