Emby Music on Apple TV... is this normal?

Shockrift

Shockrift

Hi there, was showing a friend my emby library on my apple tv and when I play a track I notice immediately I'm unable to see how long it is, how far I progressed, or for that matter how to track to a different part. I find this relatively confusing and was unsure if this was a known bug or I'm just missing something (PEBKAC).

Thanks for the assist.

IMG_2374[330].jpg

Shockrift

Forgive me, but I'm not sure how I would be able to tell that on this platform. I'm looking at it from my computer but all it tells me is that my appletv device is active (in the dashboard).

Edited by Shockrift

Just now, Shockrift said:

Forgive me, but I'm not sure how I would be able to tell that on this platform. I'm looking at it from my computer but all it tells me is that my appletv device is active (in the dashboard).

That's correct. We have a bug currently where music playback reporting is broken. Can you post the media info for the item?

vdatanet

11 hours ago, Shockrift said:

I play a track I notice immediately I'm unable to see how long it is, how far I progressed, or for that matter how to track to a different par

Yes, that is a sign that it is transcoding, but I don't know why, since ALAC is a format supported by Apple TV.

• HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1), E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound), and Dolby Atmos

This file is also transcoding for me, but as far as I know, it's supported by Apple TV. The same file using FLAC is direct played.

It's not a big issue, but gapless playback is lost.

Maybe the bitrate is too high, but what surprises me is that using FLAC the playback is direct.

alac.txt ffmpeg-transcode-8dbe4af7-7eef-44df-9bd2-9914b84842e9_1.txt

Edited by vdatanet

vdatanet

On the other hand, playing this song (FLAC with higher bitrate), playback is direct (of course, downsampling to 48 Khz, since Apple TV does not support anything beyond 48 Khz)

flac.txt

Edited by vdatanet

Shockrift

Happy thanksgiving all. just thought I'd share that i updated from 1.44 to 1.5.0 (2) and the issue is still there for this media type. works fine outside of apple tv app.

1 minute ago, Shockrift said:

Happy thanksgiving all. just thought I'd share that i updated from 1.44 to 1.5.0 (2) and the issue is still there for this media type. works fine outside of apple tv app.

Hi @Shockrift —

We’ve resolved this issue on our most recent beta. 

• Like 2