Web App opening new tab to quickstart every time i try to use it - can't access it

sluggathor

sluggathor

so i am running emby server in a docker container. it works well enough (though the windows client ui is hella buggy - for me at least). if i try to access the web app via browser, all it does is open the quickstart page on the interweb in a new tab. if i try to go back to the web app tab i get shunted over to the quickstart page again - so i can't access the web app at all.

emby logs show no error - only the http access. docker is running in host mode within omv 5 (debian 10)

any help is welcomed. thank you

edit: ui might be only buggy for me

Edited by sluggathor

Hi, what overlapping menu items?

We don't have any part of the system that redirects you to quick start. We do have quick start links that you can click to get help, but there's no part of the system that forcibly takes you there.  Can you please describe exactly what screen you are on and what you are doing? Thanks.

sluggathor

see the screenshot for the overlapping menu items - this happens if i click settings-> dlna (but happens to other menus as well - i suspect every menu that has to do with the premium service?)

about the redirect:

1) installing emby server via docker (mostly default settings, no hw-transcoding flags or anything)

2) open chrome and go to serverip:8096

3) see an emby logo for a second with the loading circle and then it opens a second tab in the foreground to the mentioned quick start section

4) click on the server tab again only to get booted back to step 3 only this time it opens the new tab almost instantly

i cant even get to the web app

(happened to the linuxserver and the vanilla image)

server specs

omv 5 (newest update)

ryzen 3400g

16gb ram

Screenshot 2020-11-19 165659.jpg

Edited by sluggathor
new findings

I haven't seen that redirect happen. You must be clicking the quick start link. What browser and version are you using? Try clearing browsing data.

sluggathor

i am using chrome (tried edge as well - since i dont use it at all and it should be clean) - i am not clicking anything - just typing out the url and hitting enter. does the web app accept inputs from other devices than keyboard and mouse? maybe my joystick setup is interfering

hier is a short clip of it happening

https://gfycat.com/milkydismalhogget

Edited by sluggathor

sluggathor

yep that was it. my hotas was sending inputs.

thats a strange one to figure out. thanks for your help

Edited by sluggathor
  • Like 1