XU4 hardware transcoding 1080pH265->1080pH264

alexjcgdf

alexjcgdf

Guys;

I installed the latest Beta version of Emby and surprise, the transcoding is happening!!!! yay!  but start to happen and crashes freezing the player completely. But at this time I can see the "hardware icon" for the first time on Emby and I felt hope for the first time. Is it possible? Maybe an option I could set or something I could compile?

* Armbian 20/08/17 Focal
* 4.14.191-odroidkernel version
* Emby Server 4.6.0.5-Beta version

ffmpeg-transcode-8d17abd0-db13-47fe-9378-80455736d845_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-6694fdab-efb8-455f-a146-0dc064e42282_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-d1116e16-7ee2-474d-8fd8-a2564bd2fc73_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-a56a9e6b-9220-4d26-af15-2126fd4c3134_1.txt embyserver (1).txt

1 hour ago, alexjcgdf said:

Guys;

I installed the latest Beta version of Emby and surprise, the transcoding is happening!!!! yay!  but start to happen and crashes freezing the player completely. But at this time I can see the "hardware icon" for the first time on Emby and I felt hope for the first time. Is it possible? Maybe an option I could set or something I could compile?

* Armbian 20/08/17 Focal
* 4.14.191-odroidkernel version
* Emby Server 4.6.0.5-Beta version

I'm afraid having to tell bad news: there is no hw acceleration happening.. 

alexjcgdf
58 minutes ago, softworkz said:

I'm afraid having to tell bad news: there is no hw acceleration happening.. 

I will not give up easily LOL...

Those log files was from my work PC as client. I will get logs at home today with my android tv boxes where on the server dshboard on my cellphone I SAW, not crazy, I saw the beautiful and most expected hardware green icon. I think the logs will be different from there since I think I was not being able to replicate what I got from home. Either way, I have seen in other site forums like hardkernel or armbian that people got it working but the emby version was 3.something which I tried but the clients doesnt accept anymore. If I, wnted to use an custom compiled ffmpeg/kernel on my end, is there a howto what should be the configuration on emby side config files?

@alexjcgdf - You can't use a custom ffmpeg with Emby, but you can always try the ffmpeg command line from Emby with a custom ffmpeg manually.

You will receive some errors about unknown parameters which you can simply remove.