Music Videos with additional artists (under people)

gillmacca01

gillmacca01

I may have setup the music video metadata wrong, but just wanted to see if there is a way to do the following:

I have a music video by George Harrison called 'When we was Fab'. All the metadata that has been imported looks fine.

Ringo Starr appears in the video, so I added him in the metadata under people (not sure what 'Type' I should be selecting), hoping that when I search for Ringo Starr, it would show me that he is associated with that music video (as well as any of his own videos).

Is this possible?

Edited by gillmacca01

gillmacca01

I can see that, but If you select him as an artist, he does not appear for that music video (I understand why, as 'People' are more associated with movies/tv)

I was hoping to be able to see it under Ringo Starr the artist (as it is music related) 

gillmacca01

if you mean the mp4. I haven't added anything to it.

If you mean the metadata (nfo), I have added George Harrison as the artist (he sings the song), and Ringo Starr under People - he only appeared in the video (he only played drums on the song)

gillmacca01

I'm at work for the next couple of hours, and don't really have proper access to take screenshots.

Will send them then. What screenshots do you want (metadata editor, page for that music video, etc)

gillmacca01

I have had to post 2 images for the metadata editor, as I could not fit it all in one screenshot.

I was thinking that I could add the artists who appear in the music videos as artists, and then they would be searchable, but for some videos, the list could have quite a few artists, and would look a bit messy on the music video info screen - example - live aid 1985, there were 75 artists

1.PNG.6789df2aa26127112b45eec692b5d765.PNG

2.PNG.6fb2351397874d143286d02899056b50.PNG

3.PNG.e7ba1c0dac3cfe2f76a5386971cf95cf.PNG