Question about DLNA access

xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Hi,

For some strange reason I am able to see all my media through the Samsung Emby App, even play it.

I suddenly noticed this when I was browsing through the sources list on the new tv and found a Emby icon. When pressing it, I was surprised that it displayed all the media folders and was able to open them.

As more people are using the network this is concerning to me. Not the least strange that the samsung tv can just access all the folders content without authentication while emby server itself needs verification to access anything.

Can someone explain how this is possible and how to prevent access like this.

Ebmy is installed on de latest Linux server and without any changes in default emby settings.

Media files are loaded in as smb shares into linux and stored on freenas server

Samsung TV is just out of the box, without any tweaking.

Thanks

blockdor

Is it definitely the emby app or is it just an emby icon?
I'm wondering if its' the DLNA server in emby.
Emby app should require a password even for local network access, DLNA wouldn't.

A

Edited by blockdor

xbmcgotham

Hi, thanks for the response.

I dont think its the app as I did not install any and dont think its per default available on the samsung tv. Its shown in the "sources" input list.

Sounds like DLNA.  On the server, check the DLNA settings.  The option at the bottom selects the user who's access profile will be used for DLNA as it does not support user switching.  Be sure to set it to something with the desired level of access (or turn off 'Enable DLNA Server')

xbmcgotham

ah, ok. So I checked and dlna server is enabled however the Default user is empty. I would have thought that this should automatically prevent any browsing to be possible as no user is selected. I guess this should have been disabled form the start until a user is selected.

So does this mean that I need to make a new user in emby (e.g. Samsung TV) and give this user only access to media folders that its allowed to see?