Trakt locked user account

jaredhobbs

jaredhobbs

Hey everyone! Searched the forum but didn't see anyone post about this so figured I'd start a thread. I've been using the Trakt plugin for the past couple years and everything seemed to be working fine. However, the plugin has been failing for the past week or two. Digging into it, I discovered I was getting a 423 status code, Locked User Account.

I wrote an email to Trakt support and they responded with the following:

"It looks like Emby has stuffed your account with 234,220 history plays. This seems like something went wrong, so I want to confirm with you before cleaning this all up for you. Looking a little deeper, it looks like you have a little under 10k unique episodes and movies in your deleted history.  I can do one of two things:

1. Clean all the deleted items out of your account. This leaves you with 34 items, but may be good for a fresh start if you're looking to resync.

2. Undelete all your deleted history and deduplicate it leaving you with that 10k history plays.

After we get that sorted, make sure to get help from the Emby developers with their plugin, or disable it."

I'd like to continue using the plugin but don't want to get my account locked again. Does anyone here know if there is a known issue with the plugin that might have caused the problem referenced above? Is there a preferred configuration I should be using?

Thanks!

Jared

• Like 1

I can second this. I haven't dealt with the Trakt people yet but am having constant failures when the weekly sync occurs. Interestingly, If I initiate a manual sync, it seems to work - at least I don't the the "Failed sync" msg

WilhelmStroker

I ran into this as well last week and Trakt support named Emby as the culprit too. Currently I've disabled library sync to trakt. I doubt just reconfiguring the trakt plugin would make a difference here as there might be something more fundamentally wrong in the plugin. Sadly no logs to prove that though. 

• 3 weeks later...
Gilgamesh_48

In another thread I reported the issue that turned out to be that my account had been automatically locked due to excessive access. Trakt reported to me that there had been almost 206,000 accesses in less than a week caused by Emby. That abuse caused my account to be locked. They unlocked it and reset the access counter and everything is back to normal.

I hope the developers of the Trakt plugin do a bit to find out what is going on.

BTW: If your account is locked by Trakt deleting the config file or doing anything else with Emby will make no difference. Trakt will have to take action to get it fixed.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:53 PM, denzoid said:

I am having this same issue. Where is the Trakt config file located? I'm on Win 10.

@cayars

If on Windows it will be:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\configurations\Trakt.xml

Change Administrator to the account you run Emby under.

WilhelmStroker
9 hours ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

In another thread I reported the issue that turned out to be that my account had been automatically locked due to excessive access. Trakt reported to me that there had been almost 206,000 accesses in less than a week caused by Emby. That abuse caused my account to be locked. They unlocked it and reset the access counter and everything is back to normal.

I hope the developers of the Trakt plugin do a bit to find out what is going on.

BTW: If your account is locked by Trakt deleting the config file or doing anything else with Emby will make no difference. Trakt will have to take action to get it fixed.

Yup I was in the same boat, trakt unblocked my account but they did say the issue was caused by emby. The only way I managed to find out was a third party app that showed me the 423 error code as per https://github.com/trakt/api-help/issues/228

• 1 year later...
jaredhobbs

I ran into this exact issue again last month! The trakt support team told me this:

It looks like Emby stuffed your account with 213k play history items.  Your play history has been de-duplicated to the best of our ability, and your API access has been unlocked.

Before using Trakt's API again, make sure to find a fix from this third party applications developer, or disable it entirely.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/12/2021 at 16:22, jaredhobbs said:

I ran into this exact issue again last month! The trakt support team told me this:

Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

Was the account actually locked as in no longer to access or was it just no longer able to update?

I just worked through an issue where I could fully access my trakt account, but none of my servers could update or pull data from it.

I use trakt to keep watched history in sync between my primary emby server, my beta server, jellyfin and plex backup servers. I sync my library and scrobble from Emby, and then pull down watched status once an hour on all other servers. I noticed it stopped updating watched status in early December after using it for years. I first re-authorized everything, no changed. Then I removed the trakt plugin on all servers, re-added and authorized. No change. So then I removed every authorized device on trakt and removed the plugins, re-added, re-authorized. Still the same. 

The fact that it was failing on every platform, and not just Emby had me suspecting my trakt account. So I created a new account, authorized, and everything sync'd right up. I never did e-mail support about it, but I think I may just to see if they give me a similar response.

jaredhobbs

Sounds like your hitting the same locked user account error. It will be interesting to hear what they tell you the issue is. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2022 at 22:48, jaredhobbs said:

Sounds like your hitting the same locked user account error. It will be interesting to hear what they tell you the issue is. 

Well it took them almost 3 weeks to get back to me, but I got almost the exact answer as above.

Hey Robi,

It looks like Emby stuffed your account with 200k play history items.  Your play history has been de-duplicated to the best of our ability, and your API access has been unlocked.

Before using Trakt's API again, make sure to find a fix from this third party applications developer, or disable it entirely.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

twitchstick

3 hours ago, MRobi said:

Well it took them almost 3 weeks to get back to me, but I got almost the exact answer as above.

This happened to me also.