Mac Server unable to connect during screen sleep

limore

Embly client cannot connect if the mac server sleeps. The only thing checked off in energy saver is "wake for network access" and it is set to turn the display off after 10 minutes. When the display is off, embly won't connect. I shake awake, embly client connects and even if the server screen sleeps during a connection it's fine. This is not a horrible problem, just kind of annoying. It is also easily replicable and easily remedied, but I would love a permanent fix that doesn't involve never sleeping my screen.

thanks,

Limore

well, wake for network access is checked. I am assuming that if that isn't checked, that it would not wake for access when the client attempted. there is an option to prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off, don't know if this would apply to an imac whose screen is in screen saver mode and not sure i want to do this anyway.

• 2 years later...
cottontails2

On my Mac Mini I have settings “Prevent automatic sleeping when the display is off”and “Wake for network access” both enabled, yet when the screen goes to sleep my EMBY server is no longer accessible?

cottontails2

Sorry for the double post, I needed to add more information and I can’t edit my previous post.

I also have the setting “Put hard disks to sleep when possible” to disabled. Plex runs perfectly fine regardless of whether the screen is off or not so I do not why this is happening. Both EMBY in Plex also use the same hard drive.

cottontails2

Upon further testing, I think the server is randomly disconnecting even when the screen is on, I have to re-open the app to get it to work again.

cottontails2

I think I found the problem, I’m running another service for third party smart devices called Homebridge and for some reason they use localhost and the same port number. Changing the port numbers in EMBY settings seems to have fixed the issue.

• Thanks 1