Forum update

Abobader

arrbee99
3 hours ago, CBers said:

There's the option under Activity, top right.

image.png.f367033774020692e67d3632543273c2.png

But isn't that to just swap between the two, it doesn't change the default so that everything starts as condensed instead of expanded.

CBers
9 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

But isn't that to just swap between the two, it doesn't change the default so that everything starts as condensed instead of expanded.

Have you tried it? 

arrbee99

I've gone to say "threads I've posted in' or whatever its called and its expanded as I haven't clicked anything yet, so I click condensed and it condenses it. I then go to Unread, and it back to expanded again...

2 minutes ago, softworkz said:

As of now, I'm unable to mark a  post as "Solution".

@Abobader - Are you still working on it?

I've been blindly looking for it where it's been before. Got it now!

• Like 1

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

I've gone to say "threads I've posted in' or whatever its called and its expanded as I haven't clicked anything yet, so I click condensed and it condenses it. I then go to Unread, and it back to expanded again...

I know it is always condensed for me unless I clear my browser cache in Chrome/Edge.

• Like 1

arrbee99
27 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I know it is always condensed for me unless I clear my browser cache in Chrome/Edge.

That is, indeed, a thought...(assuming CCleaner clears that kind of stuff anyway)

7 minutes ago, sooty234 said:

Why is the upload limit 1.95 MB? Most logs are bigger than that.

I setup it up to 200mb, let me know if that fine.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

No rush here but we lost the "Topic Author" badge you added a little while ago.

Am I missing something?

test.thumb.jpg.8163b40800bcea28c6831ae657a44f3e.jpg

• Like 1

pwhodges

I note that replying to a post which is last on the page but not last in the thread still gives no indication that it worked (but today I remembered not to try again before checking!).

Paul

1 hour ago, ebr said:

No rush here but we lost the "Topic Author" badge you added a little while ago.

As Happy2Play post image.

Before the update, I add plugin for that, with the new forum build, no need for it anymore since it build within the forum core.

I could change the text color for it if you like, to make it more clear, let me know.

13 hours ago, Abobader said:

As Happy2Play post image.

Before the update, I add plugin for that, with the new forum build, no need for it anymore since it build within the forum core.

I could change the text color for it if you like, to make it more clear, let me know.

Ah.  Why the heck did they put it over there?  All other information about the user is on the left...

I guess it is fine how it is. Thx.

PenkethBoy
On 19/11/2020 at 17:26, PenkethBoy said:

1788449482_Annotation2020-11-19172429.jpg.32c3eba0380e5614d5decf8781fa54d8.jpg

thse two bits of black text need sorting as well to be readable 

@Abobaderthink this has been missed

2 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

@Abobaderthink this has been missed

No buddy, I will start today on fixing all dark theme issue, sorry was busy lately.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

@Abobadr shouldn't there be a forum setting to restrict a new user to just so many posts in the first day?  Someone just created an account and immediately spammed every section of the forum (28 spam messages from what his user account says).

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

@Abobadr shouldn't there be a forum setting to restrict a new user to just so many posts in the first day?  Someone just created an account and immediately spammed every section of the forum (28 spam messages from what his user account says).

No forum core settings for that, but I could modify the settings for 0-2 posts new group members or whatever, but ...

I will only work on this when the main dev's personal @Luke and @ebr see the need for this.

I saw the reports today, and totally agree with you all about this.

PS: Regarding the dark them issue, still working on some forum issue before I start on that, sorry for the delay guys.

• Like 1

CBers
17 minutes ago, Abobader said:

I will only work on this when the main dev's personal @Luke and @ebr see the need for this.

They don't tend to deal with SPAM posts, so if you could implement please. 

Thanks. 

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Abobader said:

No forum core settings for that, but I could modify the settings for 0-2 posts new group members or whatever, but ...

I saw the reports today, and totally agree with you all about this.

PS: Regarding the dark them issue, still working on some forum issue before I start on that, sorry for the delay guys.

Thanks.  I suppose the post limit could affect a new user who legitimately has an issue that they keep responding too.  Not sure what the magic number should be, but unlimited is probably too much.

I don't think a post limit is a good solution.  As soon as you mark someone as a spammer, all of this content is removed so it is still just a single action.

FrostByte
1 hour ago, ebr said:

I don't think a post limit is a good solution.  As soon as you mark someone as a spammer, all of this content is removed so it is still just a single action.

I started marking the posts spam 4 hours after they were posted though.  In the meantime there were 28 potentially harmful posts sitting out there

• Like 2

PenkethBoy

yes i logged on and found them all over the forums - i reported it as spam

so could have been avoided

i wonder what good idea we could come up with to limit a spammers impact ...... oh wait

• Like 1

I create new member group, it simply called "Member", it allowed only 10 posts in a day, when you first register you will be in that group now.

I am at the moment moving all members with less that 10 posts to it.

I will add a restricted issue on it later today.

PS: When member pass the 10th post, he will moved to our normal "Members" group

• Like 1