Forum update

Abobader

CBers
1 minute ago, Abobader said:

He know that, but he need it for the mobile for easy matters.

It's the same use. 

I use the mobile theme 99.9% of the time. 

The DARK theme looks nice in the Mobile theme, although the SUBMIT REPKY button background is almost invisible. 

@PenkethBoy & @CBers

You missing the point here, past forum version, I have to setup for all, no users choice.

Now you do, as the idea when you click on a thread based on your choice, it will take you there (first, unread, last) or something like that.

Hope it clear now.

14 minutes ago, CBers said:

The DARK theme looks nice in the Mobile theme, although the SUBMIT REPKY button background is almost invisible. 

As always, give me image, thanks.

PenkethBoy

huh - the circle/star is standard in most if not all forum apps as the way to get to first unread item

Nice catch @CBers 

The problem here that in mobile I guess it do not show active/inactive for box as desktop hover on with mouse or whatever.

That will break the design, but I will see what I can do, just give me time.

.. yes, I will fix it since it should not look like this.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

huh - the circle/star is standard in most if not all forum apps as the way to get to first unread item

That option still there from like 20 years ago, and still here to use, but some wanted to simply click on the thread and get to the choice they made as I explain it before.

Standard normally if you click on the a thread (in the old way) without using circle/star, will take you to the first post in that thread.

arrbee99

Also, are any of the things that couldn't be done on the previous version doable on this version, like, say, post numbering ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Though on a related note the Orsay thing (below) is a bit white on pale grey...

564867339_Embynewforumtagvisibility1.JPG.2e298e53361c167016c5335241fc51a3.JPG

Unless its just me ?

That the prefixes (tags) we use and it only for mod's team and it's global colored, not related to any themes. 

arrbee99
1 minute ago, Abobader said:

That the prefixes (tags) we use and it only for mod's team and it's global colored, not related to any themes. 

Oh well, such is life 😀

29 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

And the right hand side of this one -

2061961066_Embynewforumtagvisibility2.JPG.a1b81c96ba24773e92bec0d94287a7e1.JPG

Is that important for you to change?

arrbee99

Not important but its just not very legible to me.

And looking at it in this thread it seems to be bigger here than on the forum home page (unless I'm imagining things).

CBers

@Abobader Is there anyway of having separate themes for Mobile and Desktop?

If I choose the DARK theme on my Desktop, my Mobile theme is also DARK and vice versa.

I'd like the Default (light) theme on my Desktop, but the Dark theme on my phone.

Is that possible please?

Thanks.

Happy2Play

When creating a post and attaching a image, then deleting that attached image still applies the image.

Was trying to attach a gif and got upload failed, so I deleted the upload failed gif and it still applied the partial gif. (same as above)

Not sure if anything can about when user post like this.  Assume theme based as on default theme it is not really readable.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/91926-ds918-hevc-10bit-decoding-software/&do=findComment&comment=950449

1 hour ago, DarWun said:

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions on how to fix your problem @anthonws. But I figured I would chime in since I am also running Emby (Beta 4.6.0.5) on a Synology DS DS918+.

HEVC 10bit plays via HW decoding using Emby for Kodi installed on a an Rpi4 running LibreElec. It also plays via HW decoding from the Emby server itself. During one of the betas, it would only play via SW decoding. But I haven't seen that behavior for a while.

@softworkzLet me know if you want me to provide my logs to compare with those of @anthonws

Edited by Happy2Play
added theme info

On 11/19/2020 at 10:36 AM, CBers said:

We still have double-line spacing enabled when posting.

I thought this was going to be removed ?

No, we discussed this at length though.  A new paragraph has extra space.  Wrapped lines in the same paragraph do not.

CBers
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

No, we discussed this at length though.  A new paragraph has extra space.  Wrapped lines in the same paragraph do not.

Surely that should be left up to the user. 

• Like 1

An extra space between paragraphs is a long-standing (perhaps original) convention of written communications.  If you don't want a new paragraph (defined by hitting the enter key) then don't create one.  You can just type freeform or use [shift]-enter to create a line break within
a paragraph.