Forum update

Abobader

That's ok the feed was from your house.  😵

Thanks for everything you do here on the forums and elsewhere.  It's greatly appreciated!
This is the best managed forum I've used in years!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

My inbox automatically goes to that view now so I guess it is a persistent setting once you click it.

LOL Abo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good day,

Dark theme update, let me know if thing change somewhere.

My best

• 3 weeks later...
Spaceboy

is it possible to show which user has marked the thread as solved? currently the user that provided the solution is indicated. An example of why it would be useful

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Interesting.

Well, by default normally the OP, but we enable the option as the mod's team can make this as well, the reason, many solve answer made, and OP did not select the best answer, so to help the other whom looking to the same issue will find the answer.

But good point, just notice that mod's public action do not apply to "best answer". I will see if we can solve this request.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

ah, I removed/deleted my 2 last posts about the group highlight, since it conflict with best answer.

1 minute ago, Abobader said:

ah, I removed/deleted my 2 last posts about the group highlight, since it conflict with best answer.

It's a great idea, though! Didn't you have different colors for best answer and group highlight?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, softworkz said:

It's a great idea, though! Didn't you have different colors for best answer and group highlight?

I agree buddy, I temp remove it, I need to find if it a bug, if not, then tomorrow after like 2 to 3 cups of coffee I will fix that :)

• Haha 1

Honestly, I'm not crazy about this.  When you start "highlighting" multiple different types of posts they cease to become a highlight and you're never exactly sure why they are different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ebr said:

Honestly, I'm not crazy about this.  When you start "highlighting" multiple different types of posts they cease to become a highlight and you're never exactly sure why they are different.

Good point indeed.

How about indicating staff posts by some kind of visual emphasis in the left column (poster name and avatar)?

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, softworkz said:

How about indicating staff posts by some kind of visual emphasis in the left column (poster name and avatar)?

Not sure I follow.  Something different then what is already there?

post.thumb.jpg.c003492ea19625cccc009a104dcc239d.jpg

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure I follow.  Something different then what is already there?

I meant something more prominent. That little icon isn't really a clear indication and reading the group text below and making sense of it - not everybody's doing that.

15 hours ago, softworkz said:

I meant something more prominent. That little icon isn't really a clear indication and reading the group text below and making sense of it - not everybody's doing that.

I think I know what you mean, like "Emby Staff" icon for  all the teams (admin/mod/dev/support), right?

1 hour ago, Abobader said:

I think I know what you mean, like "Emby Staff" icon for  all the teams (admin/mod/dev/support), right?

Yea, something like that, or maybe a slight border or shading..

image.thumb.png.793698a405c2e2c593a75666e594824e.png

Done in 30s, so not really perfect and just one idea from many possibilities.

It might be worth to take a look how it is done in other IPS forums.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, softworkz said:

It might be worth to take a look how it is done in other IPS forums.

No my friend, we do not do that.

Well, a forum admin normally provide what his community need from design to operational, nothing from a wow factor or be special design will fit our need here. The main owner of the forum/software (Luke & Ebr) always wanted clean and simple design.

Back to the subject, we will try now to stay away from the "border" thing, unserinfo (what under the avatar - left panel) used to have these info as we modify it in the past, so going back simply design, even groups icons been removed.

I am thinking of something this week, to let the post of dev/support noticeable to new user, just give me time.

8 minutes ago, Abobader said:

No my friend, we do not do that.

Well, a forum admin normally provide what his community need from design to operational, nothing from a wow factor or be special design will fit our need here.

Probably you are referring to the various IPS plugins that are available for "enhancing" the user presentation. I have looked through them some time ago and these are all really over-exaggerating the user presentation. That's not what I meant, but anyway...:

13 minutes ago, Abobader said:

I am thinking of something this week, to let the post of dev/support noticeable to new user, just give me time.

I'm sure you'll find a nice and clean way!

• Like 1

What I am thinking right now, you see where the word "Author", same when we used the highlight group option, that one way coming to my mind at the moment, but still thinking of better way.

No, I am not referring to IPS plugin for the past, we normally modify the userinfo template for that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Abobader said:

Image display posting size been increased.

@GrimReaper76

What's it been expanded to?  Do you know off the top of your head?

15 hours ago, cayars said:

What's it been expanded to?  Do you know off the top of your head?

The settings was:

Saved image max: 1200x1200

Display: 1200x7**

Now:

Original image size saving.

Display: 1200x1200

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Good day,

I am closing this since soon we will update the forum and as always will open new thread.

Thanks.

My best

• Like 2