Forum update

Abobader

arrbee99
18 minutes ago, Abobader said:

That will never happens again unless IPS supported back.

I can add modification to this, but it will not work with any upcoming update from IPS.

Is there any other way to link to a specific comment ?

arrbee99
13 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

Uhm.. dere numbers in da url .. view from Posted X Minutes ago.. Display is more clutter though.. sort of unnecessary but still easy to link too. ( IMO )

But if there's say 20 comments on that page how do you know which one the number refers too, especially if you want to quote, say, the one three up from that number ?

arrbee99

Ohhhhhhhhh OK. I see. Thats useful. Can't say the word 'intuitive' comes to mind though.

Don't be surprised if I forget and ask again in about a months time (or a day knowing me...)

😜 .. Too much to remember.. I have been in hundreds of forums over the years.. all of them a little bit different from the next..

10 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Is there any other way to link to a specific comment ?

As Hxemby001 suggest or simply as the image and that will give you the option to copy the link for a post or posts.

2021-03-19_17-49-50.jpg

arrbee99
4 hours ago, Abobader said:

As Hxemby001 suggest or simply as the image and that will give you the option to copy the link for a post or posts.

Thanks. Something obvious that I missed, again...

Good day,

Any things I missed from any request or anything since I start this thread?

My best

The only issue I have with the forum at this point is the PM Inbox not going to the first unread post when you select a thread from there. This problem has existed since we upgraded the first time and IPS supposedly recognized it as a bug.

Another issue where I had hoped for some improvement with the forum update is

Searching through PMs

The have been some slight improvements, but I'm wondering whether it wouldn't be possible to have search results showing hits in individual messages.

Currently, you're entering a search term at the bottom of the conversations list. Then you get a list of conversations where the search term is contained in some message that is part of the conversation. But you can't see in which message. So, you need to go through each page of each conversation and search via browser-search to find a corresponding message.

Is there a way to search through PMs and get individual matching messages returned?

Edited by softworkz

8 hours ago, ebr said:

The only issue I have with the forum at this point is the PM Inbox not going to the first unread post when you select a thread from there. This problem has existed since we upgraded the first time and IPS supposedly recognized it as a bug.

7 hours ago, softworkz said:

Another issue where I had hoped for some improvement with the forum update is

Searching through PMs

The have been some slight improvements, but I'm wondering whether it wouldn't be possible to have search results showing hits in individual messages.

Currently, you're entering a search term at the bottom of the conversations list. Then you get a list of conversations where the search term is contained in some message that is part of the conversation. But you can't see in which message. So, you need to go through each page of each conversation and search via browser-search to find a corresponding message.

Is there a way to search through PMs and get individual matching messages returned?

Good day,

IPS after they promise to fix it, they then inform me they reject the fixed, I had big talk with them but did not lead to anything that help.

I add a plugin, test it and I you know what I mean, if you both like it, let me know and I will added here.

My best

Edited by Abobader
type error
  • Like 1

Found it and like it!

The results are not overly nice formatted, but it doesn't matter to me. It does exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot for finding this, let's see what @ebr thinks.

• Like 1

I'm afraid I cannot find any change.  I went to my inbox and it behaves the same way.  Click on an item with unread content and you are taken to the first post.

The issue is there is no "dot" to click on like in the forums to go to the first unread post.

Okay, Abo - Softworkz pointed me to the right spot and, yes, I like that very much.

Thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, softworkz said:

Found it and like it!

The results are not overly nice formatted, but it doesn't matter to me. It does exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot for finding this, let's see what @ebr thinks.

4 hours ago, ebr said:

Okay, Abo - Softworkz pointed me to the right spot and, yes, I like that very much.

Thanks!

Thanks, I am glad you both like it, well done.

I installed it here and I enable table view by default.

• 4 weeks later...

Good day,

We will update our forum to new build in 2 weeks or so.

If still an issue you know it not solve please post about it now before the upgrade done.

Thanks all.

I will close this thread before we ready to upgrade and start new thread.

My best

Gilgamesh_48
51 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

We will update our forum to new build in 2 weeks or so.

If still an issue you know it not solve please post about it now before the upgrade done.

Thanks all.

I will close this thread before we ready to upgrade and start new thread.

My best

Two weeks notice?? What is Emby trying to do? Set an insurmountable record for advance notice for a web upgrade?

I do see that you did include the infamous: "or so" to give you some wiggle room because "or so" has no exact meaning. What is "or so" to a head of lettuce would be very different for a mountain. I assume this "or so" exists somewhere in between. ;)👿😇😀

Just having some fun with imprecise time intervals.

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

Two weeks notice?? What is Emby trying to do? Set an insurmountable record for advance notice for a web upgrade?

I do see that you did include the infamous: "or so" to give you some wiggle room because "or so" has no exact meaning. What is "or so" to a head of lettuce would be very different for a mountain. I assume this "or so" exists somewhere in between. ;)👿😇😀

Just having some fun with imprecise time intervals.

:)

The main reason for my last post is for this:

5 hours ago, Abobader said:

On 3/22/2021 at 5:13 PM, ebr said:

I'm afraid I cannot find any change.  I went to my inbox and it behaves the same way.  Click on an item with unread content and you are taken to the first post.

The issue is there is no "dot" to click on like in the forums to go to the first unread post.

On 3/22/2021 at 5:36 PM, ebr said:

Thanks!

I must have missed it.  How are you guys getting to the first unread message in a PM?

52 minutes ago, cayars said:

I must have missed it.  How are you guys getting to the first unread message in a PM?

image.png.7622cb78c30519e63e2850b77170a463.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks will give that a try.  I never would have thought of clicking that button!

58 minutes ago, cayars said:

Thanks will give that a try.  I never would have thought of clicking that button!

Don't! It's a trap!

"We will get your images in unwanted locations, like bedroom" :)

• Haha 2