Music playback stops as soon as I clear the notification drawer

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

Device: Moto E6 Plus with Android 9

Emby mobile version: 3.1.60

Music playback stops when pressing the "delete all" button in the notification drawer to clear it, whether there are several notifications or just the Emby one, pressing the button clears everything, including the Emby one when it shouldn't, because music is playing, it should be cleared only if music is paused.

Pressing the play button in the now playing screen doesn't resume playback either, I have to start a new playback queue.

The "delete all" button doesn't always appear when Emby is the only one in the notification drawer but I've been unable to track when it does.

EDIT: Skipping songs back and forth is when the "delete all" button appears.

Edited by Richard Branches

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Branches

Hello @Luke, the "delete all" button on version 3.1.61 doesn't appear anymore when skipping songs, but if press the "stop" button after skipping any song back and forth, playback doesn't start anymore when pressing the "play" button or if I select any song in the queue, instead, I have to start a new queue whether pressing the "play" button in the previous screen (I start playback in the "songs" tab) or the shuffle button.

Richard Branches

The stop button at the bottom of the now playing screen, next to the play button, etc.

This is by design. Stop = stop, it completely unloads playback and you have to start again. If you want to pause, use the pause button instead.

Richard Branches

Yes, I know that I have to pause instead of pressing stop but that's not the case, the problem is that if I want to resume playback after pressing "stop" with the same song currently on the now playing screen from the beginning, pressing "play" doesn't do anything at all, not even selecting another song from the queue as I mentioned earlier.

Richard Branches

It doesn't exit, it stays there, I imagine that's the reason why it doesn't work.

By the way, everytime I start playback the now playing screen doesn't open full but always minimized at the bottom of the app.

5 minutes ago, Richard Branches said:

By the way, everytime I start playback the now playing screen doesn't open full but always minimized at the bottom of the app.

Well for music that's by design. You can then click to open the full now playing screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Branches
On 11/27/2020 at 9:06 PM, Luke said:

You can't do that after pressing stop. It will stop playback and exit the now playing screen.

This is finally working on version 3.1.69, thank you.