RTM Issue DS916+ 4.5.2.0

MateyTate

MateyTate

Hi, I have a DS916+ running server version 4.5.2.0. I've noticed recently that when I add files, its no longer scanning the library automatically like it used to do and I'm having to manually do it.

I thought I'd check the settings to see if it was turned off... but for the life of me I cannot find the option anymore. I thought you went to each library, and then hit 'Show advanced settings' and there was an option in there for RTM. Has it been removed or moved somewhere?

The only way I can see to scan the library is via 'Scheduled Tasks', but thats not RTM.

Any advice?

Happy2Play

It is still a per library setting.

RTM.thumb.jpg.c010d292c49bdd34ddf90596fcfa1f82.jpg

42 minutes ago, MateyTate said:

The only way I can see to scan the library is via 'Scheduled Tasks', but thats not RTM.

Sound like the other Synology RTM not working topics.  Either a inotify or database issue.

Please post a server log.

• Like 2

MateyTate

Sorry, I do apologise, I must be going blind!! I went through the menus several times and I simply missed it :)

I see there are several different people claiming to have solved this RTM issue on a Synology, is there a recommended fix?

FrostByte
13 minutes ago, MateyTate said:

Sorry, I do apologise, I must be going blind!! I went through the menus several times and I simply missed it :)

I see there are several different people claiming to have solved this RTM issue on a Synology, is there a recommended fix?

It depends, we still need a log.  Try adding something which should have been picked up with RTM and then wait a couple minutes to capture the log before posting.

If it's a problem with inotify limits then there is a couple of scripts you can schedule to run at boot up to fix it

If it's a permission problem then it is a little more involved.

Happy2Play

There is a iNotify issue, so the first thing I would do is the inotify script

2020-11-17 00:11:32.925 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /volume1/Media/TV Shows
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.5
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 3.10.105 (root@build4) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25426 SMP Wed Jul 8 03:12:51 CST 2020
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
	No Stack Trace Available

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/90708-real-time-monitoring-seems-broken/&do=findComment&comment=939857

• Like 1

MateyTate

Thanks for the assistance. So, I followed that post and created the task and rebooted. No idea what I did, but is that it? Do I need to routinely reboot the NAS or will that work now for good without a regular reboot?

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, MateyTate said:

Thanks for the assistance. So, I followed that post and created the task and rebooted. No idea what I did, but is that it? Do I need to routinely reboot the NAS or will that work now for good without a regular reboot?

Yes that is it.  Now if you are still having issues with RTM please post another server log.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1