MBT Resume/Watched Status w/Version: 3.0.5322.21219

blade005

blade005

MBS: Version 3.0.5321.35225

MBT: Version 3.0.5322.21219 (DEV)

The DEV version of MBT above is not registering the USER that is logged in with Media Browser Server in ACTIVE DEVICES. MBS reports the Device and MBT Version that is running, but it does not register which user is logged on. This affects RESUME status and WATCHED status for any media you view. The systems sees the user as UNKNOWN, so no status information on media being watched is maintained.

If I fall back to the OFFICIAL RELEASE version of MBT (3.0.5306.32477), MBS recognizes the user logged in and all media viewing information is again maintained correctly.

Also it is not registered as a "play to/Select player" device from web gui. Lost that option when I installed 5322

Edited by KRA

blade005

Also it is not registered as a "play to/Select player" device from web gui. Lost that option when I installed 5322

KRA,

Good catch. When I saw that Resume wasn't working (showstopper for  me), I fell back to Original Release version and didn't test any further.

jordy

Happened to me also on Win8.1. Fix was to uninstall from control panel - with clear cache selected - and re-install from the website. Must have been an install problem during the auto update to accommodate the new server version.

blade005

Happened to me also on Win8.1. Fix was to uninstall from control panel - with clear cache selected - and re-install from the website. Must have been an install problem during the auto update to accommodate the new server version.

I found the issue was with the DEV version of MBT. If you uninstalled with clear cache and re-installed from the website you may be running on the Official Release version of MBT and not the DEV version. Running on the Official Release version works for me.  If I change to DEV build and let it update, then I get the same issue again.

Edited by blade005

jordy

I did the re-install last night. MBT didn't update to the dev version until this morning. It all went sweet and everything is now working as it should. One thing is that when MBT originally updated yesterday, it would not restart properly. Had to do it several times before it would even start up on its own afterwards. This indicates to me that something was wrong with the way it installed the first time. I did reboot the htpc before I had success the second time around. That may have cleared whatever caused the issue. Also restarted the server a couple of times so who knows? This was not the first time MBT has failed to update properly.

jordy

Well folks, it did it again. Got another new server version tonight - 3.0.5323.459. Shortly afterwards MBT updated to it's latest Dev version (didn't get the number but it was later than 3.0.5322.21219) - I assume to comply with changes to the server. MBT installation seemed to run OK but like before I couldn't remote play to MBT from  the web interface. Rebooted both machines but still no entry in the play to list. MBT is visible in the Active devices list but it does not get listed a s a selectable player. Only solution is to uninstall and re-install 3.0.5306.32477 from the website downloads page.

Cab anyone shed any light on this?

Tried uninstall and do a clean install, but still not able to MBT as play to device.

blade005

Tried uninstall and do a clean install, but still not able to MBT as play to device.

All,

MBS just updated to (Version 3.0.5323.459) and running Official Release of MBT (Version 3.0.5306.32477) and I seem to have PLAY TO capability and it is recognizing the logged in User for RESUME and WATCHED status information. Looks like staying on the Official Release of MBT is working best for me. Perhaps I am missing some other new features of MBS update by not running DEV version of MBT, but having Resume/ Watched and Play To capability in MBT is of most importance. For now.

jordy

Here is the MBT log from the latest Dev build, where MBT was not available as a play to device. Also the corresponding Server log.

Thanks for looking.

jordy

Hi Folks,  Just a note to say that after updating to MBS 3.0.5325.580 and MBT 3.0.5324.37475 the "play to" issue is now fixed - for me at least.

I do have one question though. When I install a new version of MBT, the Server address in MBT Network settings shows as "localhost". Seeing as MBS is  located on a different machine, shouldn't it be set to the IP address. Everything still works OK but just thought I'd ask?

Don't know if the new versions were specially built to fix the "Play to" issues or not but if it was - thanks for listening :D :D :D :D

My MBS is Version 3.0.5326.15069 but MBT does not update, still on 5322 and no updates :( 

"play to / remote" for MBT doesn't work :(