Streaming from Wan stops after 10 secondes playing

Kanabeach44

30 minutes ago, Kanabeach44 said:

Hum i don't understand...

If you make direct play for example on a 1080p or 4 k movie, it makes a lot of datas to send because it is in full quality. Why it is more easy streaming direct play movie than transcode movie ? We should need more bandwidth for direct play and it should be more difficult in 3g or 4g than a transcoded movie who need less datas..

I'm not talking about network bandwidth.  I'm talking about physical access to the disc drives (or, more correctly in the case of Android, storage).

5 hours ago, ebr said:

Transcoding involves a lot of physical I/O as files are read, written and then re-read.

Kanabeach44
36 minutes ago, ebr said:

I'm not talking about network bandwidth.  I'm talking about physical access to the disc drives (or, more correctly in the case of Android, storage).

I have Shield Pro 19 server and Qnap 2 bay 4to raid1 in gigabit and 1gb access fiber.  It is better to have USB SSD connected directly on Shield ?

Kanabeach44

Hello Emby Team,

I asked for a refund but have problems...

Could you refund me.

Thanks

Nico

Edited by Kanabeach44

It was forwarded to the billing department to take care of for you. You'll receive a response soon.

Kanabeach44
Just now, cayars said:

It was forwarded to the billing department to take care of for you. You'll receive a response soon.

Thanks for that Emby team !

• Like 1

This is not really an Emby problem. Most likely you're trying to play with a bitrate that is just too high for the connection to handle. That is why lowering the bitrate resolves the issue.

Kanabeach44
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

This is not really an Emby problem. Most likely you're trying to play with a bitrate that is just too high for the connection to handle. That is why lowering the bitrate resolves the issue.

No i have ever tried to play at lowering resolution for example at 720p 1,5 mb/s and it is the same... I have no stops with Plex in Auto mode, stream asjusts bitrate automaticaly with mobile data and speed connection. Sorry ...

Emby often times tunnels the data so they know the size of the pipe and can adjust things on both ends to fit the smaller pipe.  Emby on the other hand doesn't ever tunnel or get in the way of your playback as it's directly from the server to the client (no Emby servers/tunnels in the way).  Emby in this regard is much more powerful but requires some tuning by the user and/or admin of the system.

Plex also can use adaptive bit rates which Emby doesn't do as it requires constant transcoding and Emby tries to achieve direct playback as much as possible.

So they are different.  Emby does require some tuning at times but it's worth it.

22 hours ago, Kanabeach44 said:

No i have ever tried to play at lowering resolution for example at 720p 1,5 mb/s and it is the same... I have no stops with Plex in Auto mode, stream asjusts bitrate automaticaly with mobile data and speed connection. Sorry ...

They are on different ports. There could be isp throttling at play here. You could try putting emby on a different public facing port.