Scheduled Task for "Refresh Guide" not running

sward

Hello - I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, and Emby seemed to survive the upgrade quite well with everything working with the exception of the "Refresh Guide" scheduled task, which no longer runs. I deleted the task and recreated it to no avail, although it did run this morning for the first time in a couple weeks, albeit 3.5 hrs behind schedule (I've had to do manual updates on a daily basis ever since the upgrade to Win10).

Hi there, how exactly are you determining that it no longer runs? What is the current schedule for the task that you've configured?

10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how exactly are you determining that it no longer runs? What is the current schedule for the task that you've configured?

It's set to run at 5:30AM so that it's completed when I come downstairs around 6AM, but ever since the upgrade to Win10 (about 2 weeks ago) the task isn't completed or even launched when I come downstairs around 6AM. This morning for some reason I forgot to manually launch the refresh when I came down at 6AM, and when I remembered later on (around 9AM), I noticed that the refresh was already in progress.

Is your server machine on and running at 5:30am each day, and Emby Server running at that time? If it's not then that explains what is happening.

That's why I would instead suggest using the interval based method of every 24 hours.

Just now, cayars said:

Could you also just for kicks check the time on the server to make sure it's correct?

Yes this as well. Time zone and server time need to be correct in order for any time-based settings to function as you'd expect.

Most likely, the machine is asleep at the time you've configured. Emby Server does not wake your machine for scheduled tasks, so if you want to run it at a fixed time, it's up to you to manage that.

• Like 1

The server was setup to go to sleep for a few hours overnight, however that piece is also broken since the upgrade to Win10 so it's been staying on 24/7.

Server time is correct, and I'm sure Emby is using correct time b/c all my recordings are happening at the correct times. Strange that this scheduled task is messed up b/c it was running correctly prior to the upgrade. 

I tried using the "every 24 hrs" option before, but if I remember correctly this 24 hour period doesn't include downtime when the server is sleeping/hibernating, correct? That would mean the refresh would happen a few hours later every day (once I fix the sleep issue which isn't working currently).

Just curious but how many days of EPG are you pulling down that the time actually matters?

Ok, we'd have to look at the server log from the time you expected it to run in order to provide further insight, but that by far is the most common cause of a scheduled task not running.

I tried using the "every 24 hrs" option before, but if I remember correctly this 24 hour period doesn't include downtime when the server is sleeping/hibernating, correct?

Yes it does, so when it wakes up, if it's been longer than 24 hours, the task will run. That's why I would suggest trusting the defaults here.