MB Classic and transcoding for H.265

puntipik

puntipik

Hi, I have the newest emby server in my network and some clients (fire tv sticks) where everthing is working perfect.

but I have one old windows 7 media center running with MB classic on it. But the MediaCenter pc is too old to run HEVC H.265 videos as direct stream. But I didn't got it to work, that emby server will transcode this codecs for my MB classic.

Is there a possibilty to force this, or is MB classic only able to direct stream, but not ask the server for a transcode?

br puntipk

puntipik

hi, yes I know the emby theater app, but therefore a premium account is needed for playback. and I also need my mediacenter pc with media center because of other 'old' stuff :)

so for the moment, there is no option I can try to force streaming of h265 at the media center instead of direct play, right?

br

6 hours ago, puntipik said:

so for the moment, there is no option I can try to force streaming of h265 at the media center instead of direct play, right?

You could put them in a location that is inaccessible to the WMC machine and then the app would be forced to stream them.