Do not download subtitles flag

huoc

Hi!

I like the auto subtitle download feature, but I do not want to use it for all shows/movies. I watch media in Hungarian language if possible, or with Hu subtitle if not. Many times the audio track is not marked as Hu, or the subtitle filename does not end with .hu, but it is still there. I understand it cannot be watched automatically if it is not marked properly, but it would be helpful if I could mark a TV show/movie to be excluded from auto subtitle search and download.

• Like 2

GrimReaper
3 hours ago, huoc said:

Hi!

I like the auto subtitle download feature, but I do not want to use it for all shows/movies. I watch media in Hungarian language if possible, or with Hu subtitle if not. Many times the audio track is not marked as Hu, or the subtitle filename does not end with .hu, but it is still there. I understand it cannot be watched automatically if it is not marked properly, but it would be helpful if I could mark a TV show/movie to be excluded from auto subtitle search and download.

Wouldn't it be easier then to disable Auto download for that Library and manual download only when needed? All client apps have come quite far in subtitle searching/handling while playback so it's actually pretty straightforward. 

12 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Wouldn't it be easier then to disable Auto download for that Library and manual download only when needed? All client apps have come quite far in subtitle searching/handling while playback so it's actually pretty straightforward. 

That could also be helpful, but then subtitle downloading should be able to be handled on a series/season level. Now if I turn off auto sub dling, I have to dl the subs for each episode manually.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
Just now, huoc said:

... but then subtitle downloading should be able to be handled on a series/season level.

That surely would be convenient, but, then again, one would need to curate each library item to set flag, which, based on library size, might require even more manual labor. I just keep separate libraries with shows I want subtitles for and those I don't and adjust preferences on Library settings level. 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

That surely would be convenient, but, then again, one would need to curate each library item to set flag, which, based on library size, might require even more manual labor. I just keep separate libraries with shows I want subtitles for and those I don't and adjust preferences on Library settings level. 🤷‍♂️

setting an "exclude from auto sub dl" flag on a series/season level when adding a new series might not be that much of manual labor :)

thanks for the workaround you mentioned. it can also work, but then again, you have to keep in mind in which library  you store each series, and I am also having difficulties with transferring multiple libraries to emby helper/embuary/kodi apart from the default movies/tv shows/music, but that is a different issue.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
Just now, huoc said:

setting an "exclude from auto sub dl" flag on a series/season level when adding a new series might not be that much of manual labor :)

True enough, I was just looking at it as how to perform that task on current library items retroactively. And that would surely be a chore. 🙄 But for newly added items, sure, that would work well enough.