Android TV no conecta con el servidor Emby en el PC

raiderdangt

raiderdangt

Buenas,me estoy volviendo loco.

He instalado Emby en el PC y funciona todo correctamente,me pone en el panel de control que se esta ejecutando y el dispositivo activo que tengo,que es el nuevo chromecast de google.

Parece que todo esta bien pero cuando abro emby en chromecast no me aparece el servidor y al ponerlo manualmente me da error.

Tambien he probado con el pin connect,pongo el nombre,contraseña y pin y me lo da como confirmado pero luego tampoco me aparece el servidor.

Ya no se que hacer,PLEX me funciona bien,el router es el de Movistar y tengo los dos puertos que indican abiertos.

Alguna solucion?

Hi,

I haven't tried a new chromecast yet.  Does this allow you to install Android TV apps on it?  If so did you install the Emby ATV app?

raiderdangt

Si,el nuevo chromecast es un google TV y he instalado emby.

Ahi es donde no sale el servidor del PC ni haciendolo manualmente,ni poniendo yo la IP,me da error de conexion al conectar.

Did you go into manual setup and enter the server name/ip and port?
Then logged in with username/password from your Emby Server and not an Emby Connect username?

Is this device on the same LAN as your Emby Server?

Hi.  Are you sure your server is accessible from another machine?  Can you test with a browser and your phone or a PC that is not the same one as the server?  It sounds like a firewall is blocking it.

• 4 months later...
Gianfranco88

Buenas. Tengo el mismo problema. 

Mi duda es.. si mi PC está conectada al router por medio de LAN y mi Google TV tiene WiFi del mismo router... Aún así se pueden conectar? Soy nuevo en esto. Y estoy completamente perdido.. 

Mil gracias 😊

You should be able to yes and both the LAN and WIFI connections will likely use the same IP assignments.

If for some reason you can't connect to the Emby server let us know and we'll help you figure out why (and fix it).

Any client on your home LAN should be able to access your Emby Server assuming you don't connect to a GUEST WIFI network which some routers use for guests.  That GUEST network is for allowing friends to get wifi to the internet but not your network.

Edited by cayars

Gianfranco88

Went I check from the computer.. using "Ipconfig"  the LAN and WiFi have different IP 😕

I try to connect to the server with this ip

but.. it doesn't work

IMG_20210318_212443__01.thumb.jpg.7d553ec98aecfc29a7d197fa0bdf6df0.jpg

Gianfranco88
2 minutes ago, Gianfranco88 said:

Went I check from the computer.. using "Ipconfig"  the LAN and WiFi have different IP 😕

I try to connect to the server with this ip

but.. it doesn't work

IMG_20210318_212443__01.thumb.jpg.7d553ec98aecfc29a7d197fa0bdf6df0.jpg

So here is my problem in the Google TV.

I put the IP under HOST. but nothing

IMG_20210318_235256.thumb.jpg.7d3a64bb3925409576525af84378bd2c.jpg

That's the same lan segment so it should connect unless you have have a firewall or similar blocking devices on the server.

From the Emby Server can you ping the Google TV's IP address?

Hi.  And are you positive the server address is correct?  Can you access it from another machine's web browser using the address shown there?

Gianfranco88

Then I try from other computer to connect to the server... But it doesn't connect.. the other computer is in the same WiFi.. went I try to ping.. it doesn't detect the server computer.

IMG_20210319_191735__01.jpg

Check and see if you have any firewall software running on the machine hosting Emby Server.  If so try turning it off to test with.  If you can connect after that you know where the problem lies and can turn the firewall back on make a couple of adjustments for Emby use.

Gianfranco88

Ok.. that the problem... I took firewall down.. and know I can connect to the server from some other computer. How I can configure this.?

What firewall software is it?  Is it the built in firewall from Windows?