Library not updating correctly

RobsterUK

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, RobsterUK said:

Thanks for confirming the errors are now gone!

New media is being added OK to all exisiting libraries. Since the original post at the weekend I have added movies into paths that have & have not got spaces in the library path. They are showing up correctly.
The first thing that alerted me was that two movies did not appear in library even though the folders and files existed in the folder structure. No matter what I do to try and add these two specific movies, they are not added.

I have copied out the 'library.db' file from the share Emby\data. Used 'DB browser for SQL Lite' to open the file. The two entries for the movie are present in the 'MediaItems' table - yet they do not actually appear in the library view.
Not sure what this proves, only that the database contains the entries - yet the library is unable to display them.

Database.png

That would suggest they do exist and are potentially identified as something else.  What is in the Name column?  And Providerid column?

Happy2Play

Does it appear if you search that name in Emby? 

But I am about out if ideas if the items are actually in the database, minus removing the items, ensuring they are gone in the database also (log should show the item removed) and re-adding them.

RobsterUK

This is from the Web Gui. But same thing from Emby Theater on Windows.

What is the best way to remove it from the database? Is it simply to remove the files and folders and run a library scan?
I'm sure that earlier this week I removed the files, then ran another library scan. Then added them back and scanned again.

I will have to re-visit this tomorrow, as it's gettign late here in UK.
Thanks for your help so far, I appreciate it!

search.png

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, RobsterUK said:

What is the best way to remove it from the database? Is it simply to remove the files and folders and run a library scan?

Yes

Are there any Parental restrictions on the user?

@Luke any ideas about items in the database but not in the UI?

Edited by Happy2Play

RobsterUK

No parental controls set on this user.

Have deleted the folder from the DSM gui & run another library scan.

Seems to include in the log at around 12:07 that it removed it from the database.
I copied library.db again and looked in MediaItems table and search for the path string with 'his house'. It seems to have been removed.
I rebooted the NAS.

embyserver.txt

RobsterUK

Copied the folder and .mkv into the library. The log indicates that ffprobe picked it up again. Then it created an .nfo, poster, clearlogo & fanart jpg's.
Checked the library and it wasn't there.
Ran a library scan.

Still not showing up.
Did a search which returned no results.
Checked the databse again and searched the path string in the MediaItems table. Movie is there once more.

search01.png

Database_path.png

embyserver.txt

Could it be the difference between your directory name and your filename?

I've had issues when my directory and filenames weren't exact matches up to the dash, after which you can put the file specific details.

RobsterUK

When ffprobe detects it in the log the file path is correct.
/volume1/Movies/1_New Movies/His House (2020)/His House 2020 1080p.mkv

So apart from that I'm not sure where you think there could be a discrepancy.

2 minutes ago, RobsterUK said:

When ffprobe detects it in the log the file path is correct.
/volume1/Movies/1_New Movies/His House (2020)/His House 2020 1080p.mkv

So apart from that I'm not sure where you think there could be a discrepancy.

I'm saying that according to Emby's filenaming conventions, your path should look like this:

His House (2020)/His House (2020) - 1080p.mkv

It doesn't look like that, so I'm curious what would happen if you made it look like that.

RobsterUK

I looked at the link you provided. Historically I have not been including a dash in my filenames.
The wiki indicates this is only required to differentiate between different resolutions or qualities of files residing within the same folder.

I tried it anyway. Removed exisitng folder and files.
Library scan. Checked log - entry for removal of item from database.
Manually created the folder 'His House (2020)' in the library location. Copied the file in with a dash in the filename.
Log entry for ffprobe detecting it again. Ran Library scan.
Still doesn't show up in the gui.

Did you add the parenthesis around the year in your filename to match the directory name?

RobsterUK

No I didn't.
That is not a requirement for sucesful library additions. I have hundreds of movies in library and the filename does not contain parenthesis.
The directories do but not the files.

Edited by RobsterUK

RobsterUK

Thanks for the replies and help with this everyone who contributed.
The inotify issue is resolved.

As for the 2 movies that do not appear in the library.
One I have added with a folder & file name of AKA Movie. It has added to the library so at least I can watch it. It even pulled down a random poster image!
The other was a sequel to an exisitng movie in the library - so I may use the naming convention to allow different qualities within one folder so at least i can get to watch that one too!

Edited by RobsterUK
  • Like 1

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have used the script provied in this thread to fix the inotify issue, which has now cleared.  But I am still not able to see the new movies I've added.

In total I've got 10 movies that aren't added to Emby, they are in the Movies folder and been indentified by Auto Organize and moved correctly with all names done.

@RobsterUK when you organised your movies, did Auto Oranize come up with the name automatically or did you have to type it in manually? I had to type in manually, just wondering if this was the same for you.

RobsterUK
7 hours ago, GiGo said:

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have used the script provied in this thread to fix the inotify issue, which has now cleared.  But I am still not able to see the new movies I've added.

In total I've got 10 movies that aren't added to Emby, they are in the Movies folder and been indentified by Auto Organize and moved correctly with all names done.

@RobsterUK when you organised your movies, did Auto Oranize come up with the name automatically or did you have to type it in manually? I had to type in manually, just wondering if this was the same for you.

Hi GiGo,

When the inotify issue hit it seems that the two movies that were waiting to be added to the library got corrupted somehow. I tried various things to get them added in.
In the end I had to name the folder and file to something completely random. I then did not correctly identify these using the IMDB or MovieDB id numbers. Instead just accepted it was not going be identified correctly and just having any kind of entry in the library so I could watch it.

I've watched the first one and since removed it from the folder structure again.
I know this wont help you any, and having 10 movies not showing up would definitely be a bigger issue. But in may case I've managed to work around it.
You may have to start your own thread for further investigation. Or possibly even consider a re-install with the inotify fix in place prior to installing.

15 hours ago, RobsterUK said:

Hi GiGo,

When the inotify issue hit it seems that the two movies that were waiting to be added to the library got corrupted somehow. I tried various things to get them added in.
In the end I had to name the folder and file to something completely random. I then did not correctly identify these using the IMDB or MovieDB id numbers. Instead just accepted it was not going be identified correctly and just having any kind of entry in the library so I could watch it.

I've watched the first one and since removed it from the folder structure again.
I know this wont help you any, and having 10 movies not showing up would definitely be a bigger issue. But in may case I've managed to work around it.
You may have to start your own thread for further investigation. Or possibly even consider a re-install with the inotify fix in place prior to installing.

Thanks for your reply and input.  I did start a thread to ask question.

I've just solved my problem!  Turns out I hadn't included ".%ext" on Auto Organize file name pattern so all new movies were being moved and renamed without the file extension 🤫 only found it out when I moved the movies back to the watch folder and it didn't see the, checked in the folders and sure enough each movie was missing their file extention!

• Like 1