Recordings issue on specific time

heula

I have series recordings and most of them are set to record at a specific time and not at moment to prevent all kind of already broadcasted tv shows are being recorded.

So I have set a show to record around 8.00 pm. That show is now broadcasted at 20.25 pm and will not be recorded. My question is what is "around" a certain time? Is that 15 minutes, 20 minutes? Perhaps this should be an hour so I will not have to check this every time a scheduled recording will be broadcasted an half hour later or earlier than the week before.

I hope this can be improved.

Thanks.

Capture_721.jpg

Capture_722.jpg

Edited by heula

Hi, it's actually 10 minutes. The intention was to mimic windows media center. @denz, do you know what tolerance that used? For now i'll bump it to 15.

22 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's actually 10 minutes. The intention was to mimic windows media center. @denz, do you know what tolerance that used? For now i'll bump it to 15.

No I have no idea. 15 minutes still won't do it in this case.

Perhaps an option to only record on a certain day or days would be helpful here. If I can set to record on a certain day than I can set Record at any time.

I used to record with TVMosaic and they had that option.

Thanks.

Yea i get that you need to expand that tolerance, which may require a separate option. For default behavior I'm hoping to match how wmc did it. @Spaceboy do you remember?

In wmc it is flexible I can’t remember what is the default as it has been such a long time since I have changed or would have changed it but my default is 15 minutes and so far that has been working very well and that is the same as whatI have set in wmc.

8 minutes ago, denz said:

In wmc it is flexible I can’t remember what is the default as it has been such a long time since I have changed or would have changed it but my default is 15 minutes and so far that has been working very well and that is the same as whatI have set in wmc.

Thanks denz. @AdrianW do you recall this?

AdrianW

@Luke Sorry, I never really made much use of recording on WMC. And the stuff I did record was almost always on at the scheduled time.

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok for now I'll change it to 15 mins, then I'll research how wmc made it an option.

Okay, thanks.