Newbie: Can I simplify client?

DougQ

I recently purchased 2 Roku smart tv's and have installed Emby on them.

I would like to see ONLY folders and files from one server running Windows 10  on my LAN.

I had previously used Serviio and it was easy to configure as above, but it keeps disappearing.

Is the css coding in html?

Would there be a programming guide?

TIA

DougQ

Happy2Play
25 minutes ago, DougQ said:

Luke: I do not want to see: suggestions, upcoming, favorites,genres or episodes.

just folders and files.

You should use Mixed Content then as it does not have these additional headers tabs. 

But in theory you could remove those tabs but is global across all content types as there is no way to target specific content type pages.

You can do this but as mentioned you will remove Home and leave Favorite on Home screen.

div.headerMiddle.sectionTabs button:not(:last-child) {display: none;}

But the libraries will load to their default landing tabs, but you can change most content types landing tab via (per user) User icon-Home Screen (default screen) per library.

But note css only applies to the web client (not online client), no other clients.

Edited by Happy2Play

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

But note css only applies to the web client (not online client), no other clients

I would have thought Web client and online client were one and the same?

So css will have no affect on my roku tv's, on my lan?

I will try the mixed content.

Thanks

Edited by DougQ

• 10 months later...
rumplestiltskin

Thanks for this info. I, too, would prefer fewer "choices" as they just get in the way. I previously used Serviio but the Roku Media Player app is so broken now that it's worthless (REW, FF, Pause/Play non-functional and 1080p content often cycles between 2 seconds of playback and a "Loading..." black screen. Emby, in spite of its overly ambitious UI, plays everything I'm throwing at it without complaint.

9 minutes ago, rumplestiltskin said:

Thanks for this info. I, too, would prefer fewer "choices" as they just get in the way. I previously used Serviio but the Roku Media Player app is so broken now that it's worthless (REW, FF, Pause/Play non-functional and 1080p content often cycles between 2 seconds of playback and a "Loading..." black screen. Emby, in spite of its overly ambitious UI, plays everything I'm throwing at it without complaint.

Thanks for the feedback.