Fanart mystery

heula

When I do a metadata renewal with replace existing images I see 10 background images in the Emby serie but only 5 in the series folder.

Where are those other 5 background images?

I have enabled "Save images in mediafolders"

Thanks.Capture_716.jpg.7ff1831fce22fdf39fb6a2b629c3cfca.jpgembyserver.txtCapture_715.jpg.e90d844ad686fe4e1eb558dd5f3e88b5.jpgCapture_714.thumb.jpg.22a4ec30a76a23efa4aa3d7ac55f860e.jpg

50 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

the others are in backdrops

No they are not. There is only the theme.mp4 from the TV theme videos plugin.

Edited by heula

2 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

then they are in the metadata folder

Now you are just guessing 😉

The solution was simple as it ever is if you now it.

I enabled "Download images in advance" and than they are visible right away. If not enabled the images become visible when you open the serie in the Emby app.

Mystery solved.

Capture_720.jpg

Edited by heula

1 minute ago, PenkethBoy said:

not guessing you have shown several times you dont understand much

😂😂 you are funny.

These answers of yours say you don’t know much either. If you did you should have know that the backdrops folder is for theme.mp4 and not for images. 

if I did know everything I wouldn’t have to ask. 
Saying I don’t understand much is not helpfull.

you don’t have to respond to this anymore because I have solved my own issue with(out) your help.

PenkethBoy
9 hours ago, heula said:

😂😂 you are funny.

These answers of yours say you don’t know much either. If you did you should have know that the backdrops folder is for theme.mp4 and not for images. 

if I did know everything I wouldn’t have to ask. 
Saying I don’t understand much is not helpfull.

you don’t have to respond to this anymore because I have solved my own issue with(out) your help.

Well you criticising somebody trying to help says a lot about your attitude and if you want help in the future be more respectful and people wont react negatively to your comments

the images are saved to the metadata folder when you dont have emby save them with your media - no magic just basic functionality

Let's please be polite here guys, thanks.

@heula yes you need to enable saving images to media folders. If you have this enabled and they still get saved to the server's internal metadata folder, then it's likely due to the server being denied write access at the time it attempted to save them.

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Let's please be polite here guys, thanks.

@heula yes you need to enable saving images to media folders. If you have this enabled and they still get saved to the server's internal metadata folder, then it's likely due to the server being denied write access at the time it attempted to save them.

Sorry Luke but I already answered my own question. I had that already enabled but the issue was that I had to enable "Download images in advance" to see them appear right away and not until I opened that tv show in Emby.

Please close this one. 😉

Thanks.