Emby Support for QNAP NAS

Escrimark

Escrimark

Dear Sir or Madame,

for Data Safety reasons i bought a new QNAP NAS (QTS 4.5), and I sadly recogniced, that emby is not support as an official App in the QNAP App store .The Emby app even doesn't have a valid signature for QNAP.

But the biggest Problem ist, that I get many errors in the emby log ("Scan media library failure"). With a cryptic description of the error (see screenshot).

According to ps the EmbyServer Task runs with admin account. Is use directories like:

• /share/My iTunes/Music
  • /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/My Movies
  • /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Media/My Pictures

Nothing works. Does this mean, the offical support for emby on QNAP has ended and i need to switch to Plex?

Regards

MArk Schenkl

emby.png

Escrimark

Hi Luke,

of course see file attached. You will find the error there at:

2020-11-13 07:44:25.555 Debug TaskManager: Scan media library Failed after 0 minute(s) and 4 seconds

embyserver.txt

Edited by Escrimark

Escrimark

Hi there,

i analysed a little more and found that i get this messsage "Strucuture needs cleaning" everywhere inside the emby folder on the nas. Could this be the root cause for the error?

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/

du: cannot access `./programdata/metadata/library/92/92725a26d01f4b48946d8abea0b6df1a': Structure needs cleaning
du: cannot access `./programdata/metadata/library/92/92d50e2867279c83aaf7f2544e123026': Structure needs cleaning
du: cannot access `./programdata/metadata/library/92/92db35406d1a2b81322dbbcde8a3a531': Structure needs cleaning

PenkethBoy

looks like your permissions are not set correctly and emby cant access what it needs

have a read of some of the threads in the qnap sub forum and you might find what you need to change

Escrimark

PenkethBoy,

thank you for your reply but the Error "Structure needs cleaning" has definitly nothing to do with permissions.

It looks really strange when i make an ls in the EmbyServer metadata library...

Does someone know, how i can make a filesystem check on the whole EmbyServer Docker container?

image.thumb.png.09815f3c4179fe0904b3dd62ed0e2ff3.png

Edited by Escrimark

PenkethBoy

did not say its related to the file system structure - but why emby is not working correctly

also you have managed to "corrupt" your file system which is adding to the problems

also it appears you have changed the permissions on the emby server folders - but that image above does not tell us very much

Escrimark

After Cleaning the Filesystem with qnap nap interface all the "Strucutre needs Cleaning" errors where gone. But Emby did'nt index the directories either. Now I deinstalled an reinstalled emby, now it seems to work. 

Thanx for your time.

PS: Is there a option to mark a problem as closed

Edited by Escrimark