Video playlist limit

Bparm18

I created a video playlist with 1,552 episodes. I want to be able to shuffle through all of the shows on the playlist, but on my fire tv it only shuffles the first 1,000 episodes on the list. Can I do anything to make it so I can shuffle through all of my shows?

• Like 1

Hi.  While it will only show you and select 1,000 items, it should actually be shuffling from the entire list.

• 4 months later...
spincycle999

I'm seeing the exact issue. I have 1 playlist with 1489 shows listed on the server side. When I go the [fire] app, I only see 1000 files in the playlist. On the server I can see what shows have played, no playlist file over 1000. For the last month the playlist has ran on shuffle mode for about 12 hours per day. There are a number of playlist episodes <1000 that have been played multiple times, a few unplayed episodes <1000, and no playlist files >1000 have been played. Fortunately, most of my favorite shows are in the 1-1000 range, my wife's shows are 1001-1489... She thinks I'm blocking her shows. Any chance the playlist size can be increased?

Edited by spincycle999

spincycle999

I'm seeing the exact issue. I have 1 playlist with 1489 shows listed on the server side. When I go the [fire] app, I only see 1000 files in the playlist. On the server I can see what shows have played, no playlist file over 1000. For the last month the playlist has ran on shuffle mode for about 12 hours per day. There are a number of playlist episodes <1000 that have been played multiple times, a few unplayed episodes <1000, and no playlist files >1000 have been played. Fortunately, most of my favorite shows are in the 1-1000 range, my wife's shows are 1001-1489... She thinks I'm blocking her shows. Any chance the playlist size can be increased?

Edited by spincycle999

7 hours ago, spincycle999 said:

We'll take a look at this but, for now, if you instead hit the "play" button on your remote on the actual playlist tile (instead of entering the playlist) then you should get the entire thing shuffled.

• Like 1

spincycle999

Thanks for the tip! When I did that the second file to play was from the 1001 - 1489 range. So use to entering a playlist, didn't think about pressing play before entering.