stuck at loading screen on Fire Tv stick

Brainiac

Brainiac

Hi all, 

my emby is always stuck at loading when I fire up the app on my fire stick.  It gets stuck on the loading screen until I go in the app settings and clear the app data and cache, then relaunch emby and then it works as normal;  However I have to repeat this process every time I launch emby.  I have 2 fire tv sticks and they both behave the same way.  I also have a Roku device and it does not suffer from this problem. Any fix to this issue? 

Thanks in advance, 

Alex

fire tv stick 1st gen

emby 1.8.29a

Edited by Brainiac

Brainiac

Weird thing is that it's showing my router's ip address as Lan address instead of my server ip address.  Could that be the reason?  It use to work fine.....  I haven't changed anything....

Tried port forwarding on ports 8096 & 8920 to my server's internal ip address and still same thing by the way.....

Edited by Brainiac

17 minutes ago, Brainiac said:

it's showing my router's ip address as Lan address instead of my server ip address.  Could that be the reason?

Yes, that is the problem. The app is trying to connect to your router instead of your Emby server.  Correct it in the network settings on the server.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brainiac said:

That worked!  Thanks!  I wonder why my Roku TV was still connecting normally?

It is a matter of at exactly what point the app(s) decide to start using what the server tells it to for an address vs. what it was using before.

Thanks.