Sonos song order when casting

tuts

Hi there,

i am new to emby and have been using it for a few weeks now and really enjoy the audio playback.

I have two issues with the playback though and will address the first here (i will create a separate post for the second issue).

Firstly i am running my emby server on a standalone old laptop with an external hard drive connected with my small but modest music collection.

I access emby via a desktop (using chrome web access), and via the relevant emby app on my mobile android phone and my Sony TV.

I also have a Sonos Play1 set up next to my server and desktop.

If i play (any) music using the Sonos app direct from my phone (or desktop), all works well (music library is via the networked external hard drive) - songs played from an album play  in the correct order (Track 1, track 2, track 3 etc). In the sonos app, i  have the music library folders sorted by song number. This is the same when using the app from the mobile phone or the desktop.

If i play music purely through emby, everything plays in the correct order (Track 1, track 2, track 3 etc) on all three clients (phone, desktop or tv).

However when i cast from the emby client to the sonos speaker, the tracks play in alphabetical song order  - they still show up in emby as correct track order, but show up in the sonos app in alphabetical order.

Can anyone help, so that they play in track order when cast to sonos?

thanks

tuts

Thanks for clearing this up for me. Hope it works.

Again, I am pleasantly impressed by the audio output from emby and being able to use it with the Sonos plugin is a plus. 

• 1 month later...

I updated my emby-server today to the latest (4.5.4.0) and can report that when i cast from my emby app to the sonos speakers the songs all play in the correct order now (album list order).

Thanks for sorting this out.

16 hours ago, tuts said:

I updated my emby-server today to the latest (4.5.4.0) and can report that when i cast from my emby app to the sonos speakers the songs all play in the correct order now (album list order).

Thanks for sorting this out.

Great, thanks for confirming.