Most of my movies wont play exept with emby player

Ratatouille

Ratatouille

got this error

/app/emby/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: liblibsmb-samba4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Edited by Ratatouille

mholland1

I woke up to the same problem this morning

Edit: I believe this is the reason

/app/emby/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: liblibsmb-samba4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The linuxserver.io docker image im using updated 15 hours ago, so im assuming the problem is there. I couldnt be arsed trying to fix it so just jumped onto the beta and its working

Edited by mholland1

Ratatouille
2 hours ago, mholland1 said:

I woke up to the same problem this morning

Edit: I believe this is the reason

The linuxserver.io docker image im using updated 15 hours ago, so im assuming the problem is there. I couldnt be arsed trying to fix it so just jumped onto the beta and its working

I think you are right the beta so far for me fixed the issue.

With the latest update i cant scan new media. It finds the media, but can't read what kind it is. And it wont play on Shield / Web. Media previously scaned works.

I went back to linuxserver/emby:4.5.2.0-ls59 And all is working like before again.

****CREDIT jowe from unRAID forums 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/80745-support-linuxserverio-emby/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-912351

Edited by mbc0

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Why not just use our docker image?

would that be possible? to switch from linuxservers image to yours? if I installed your docker and then moved all the appdata?

1 minute ago, mbc0 said:

would that be possible? to switch from linuxservers image to yours? if I installed your docker and then moved all the appdata?

I would think so.

Just now, Luke said:

I would think so.

ok, I have another unraid server, I will try your image and copy my exisiting appdata as a test first! 

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Why not just use our docker image?

I may be wrong but I believe using containers from the same publisher helps reduce the overall docker file on my disk? 

Additionally I use SWAG as a reverse proxy they is provided by them so their containers all work easily with it. 

I will definitely look into changing to the official one provided by yourselves. 

8 hours ago, mbc0 said:

ok, I have another unraid server, I will try your image and copy my exisiting appdata as a test first! 

Please let me know if it goes smoothly 

4 hours ago, mopsiptv said:

Just switched from linuxserver image to emby own image, But problem till exists.

I changed over just now and at first I still could not play anything. However the container path mapping was different to the linux server one so I made sure the mapping matched.

You can see in the pictures below.

Then I did a library scan and all my artwork has returned also.

Now I can watch stuff tonight!

container mapping.PNG

mappin in app.png

Kornflex

Hello,

Same problem with the latest emby version on docker ( from linuxserver )

2020-11-13 18:52:45.844 Error App: Error in ffprobe
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.5.2.0
    Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 3.10.105 (root@build1) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #23739 SMP Sat May 19 03:07:32 CST 2018
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: app/emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 6
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /app/emby
    System.Exception: System.Exception: Error running ffprobe for file:"/data/dessins animes/Jingle Jangle A Christmas Journey (2020)/[ OxTorrent.cc ] Jingle.Jangle.A.Christmas.Journey.2020.FRENCH.720p.WEB.x264-EXTREME.mkv" - /app/emby/ffprobe: error while loading shared libraries: liblibsmb-samba4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Probing.MediaProbeManager.GetMediaInfoInternal(String inputPath, String primaryPath, MediaProtocol protocol, String userAgent, Boolean extractChapters, String probeSizeArgument, Boolean isAudio, Boolean forceEnableLogging, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.ProbeVideo[T](MetadataResult`1 metadataResult, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RunCustomProvider(ICustomMetadataProvider`1 provider, MetadataResult`1 itemResult, String logName, MetadataRefreshOptions options, RefreshResult refreshResult, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I can't play nothing. 

I run emby for months and yesterday : KO :/

1 minute ago, Kornflex said:

Hello,

Same problem with the latest emby version on docker ( from linuxserver )

2020-11-13 18:52:45.844 Error App: Error in ffprobe
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.5.2.0
    Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 3.10.105 (root@build1) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #23739 SMP Sat May 19 03:07:32 CST 2018
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: app/emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 6
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /app/emby
    System.Exception: System.Exception: Error running ffprobe for file:"/data/dessins animes/Jingle Jangle A Christmas Journey (2020)/[ OxTorrent.cc ] Jingle.Jangle.A.Christmas.Journey.2020.FRENCH.720p.WEB.x264-EXTREME.mkv" - /app/emby/ffprobe: error while loading shared libraries: liblibsmb-samba4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Probing.MediaProbeManager.GetMediaInfoInternal(String inputPath, String primaryPath, MediaProtocol protocol, String userAgent, Boolean extractChapters, String probeSizeArgument, Boolean isAudio, Boolean forceEnableLogging, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.ProbeVideo[T](MetadataResult`1 metadataResult, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RunCustomProvider(ICustomMetadataProvider`1 provider, MetadataResult`1 itemResult, String logName, MetadataRefreshOptions options, RefreshResult refreshResult, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I can't play nothing. 

I run emby for months and yesterday : KO 😕

Can you try our Docker image?

https://emby.media/docker-server.html

aptalca

Linuxserver team member here.

It looks like samba is removed in the beta builds and when we updated our builds, we must have accidentally updated the stable build prematurely. The issue is being fixed as we speak and there will be a new image release within the next half hour.

In the future, please bring these issues to our attention on the linuxserver github, discord or forums because we cannot monitor all upstream projects' forums as we publish hundreds of images.

We removed the samba lib from both the beta and the current version as it wasn't needed anymore. We'll add it back in the stable release in a few minutes. The PR is being built now.

lol. Seems we both posted at the same time 🙂

Edited by saarg
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2020 at 6:15 PM, saarg said:

The build has been pushed to all places we host the container now, so an updated should fix the issue.

Hi, thanks for the update !