Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders ( New feature)

dysw

Hey Devs and everybody else

This feature

"Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" 

Needs some extra work. Here is my suggestion

I got a tv show. One version in 1080p and another in 720p. Both shows are shown as one show and then i can select the quality.

Here is the problem. Emby doesnt remember my selection. If i start a 1080p show and that shows end. The next show will not be the 1080p version, but the 720p version.

Why not make sure that the next episode will continue in the quality selected for the first episode. ? Its annoying that you have to play each episode individually.

DYSW

Hi, this is by design. It defaults to the one that will be just efficient depending on your server and app settings.

It's a nice feature. But it needs to be dependable if you choose that way. Emby is notorious poor when it comes to "auto". 

I've tested this extensively and its very random, 1080p, 720p, 1080p, 1080p etc. If i played 4 episodes. Why all this change ? My server load, client and network stays the same over those 2 hours. It's a local lan test. 

The only way to make it play what the user wants, what the user actually manually selects! Is to go by the directories. 

If a user choose the 1080p version they are all in a specific directory, then the next episode in the same session be from that same directory.

Please please give me what I press/select.  If anyone selects 1080p then they would want the next episode to be the same quality.

Random is not good enough, no user would like that. At least give us a choice "auto" or "Same as version first selected"

Dysw

Happy2Play

I  would assume if 1080 was selected on first episode, the second would be the same unless there are differences within each episode.  Can you go over a specific scenario of 1080, 720, 1080 item are chosen to include logs and media info.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

I  would assume if 1080 was selected on first episode, the second would be the same unless there are differences within each episode.  Can you go over a specific scenario of 1080, 720, 1080 item are chosen to include logs and media info.

I think it is just going to select the first one that will direct play for each episode.  I don't believe what version was manually selected before will have any impact on it actually.