Delete all downloaded music (Android)

marcsimus
Go to solution Solved by marcsimus,

marcsimus

Thanks in advance for the help.

When downloading music, the app offers to automatically download new content (sync) added to the folder you just downloaded. I foolishly chose to enable that option. Now, I'd like to disable that sync in an effort to more tightly manage the stuff that I download to my phone. Unfortunately, with that sync enabled it won't just let me remove the downloads. If I do, they just download again right away. In an effort to disable the sync, I went into Manage Downloads (both in the Android app and on the Windows server), clicked into one of the downloaded albums and deselected the "Automatically download new content" option, and then tried to remove the download. I even verified the deselection of that option on both my phone and on the server before removing the download, but of course that still didn't work. The album still just downloaded itself again right after removing it. I've since discovered that there seems to be at least 7 entries for every album, playlist, or whatever that I've downloaded. So I assume that when I disable the sync and removed the download for one of those entries, one of the other ones is causing it to sync again.

That leads me to believe that I would need to click into every single entry (and there's a lot of them) in Manage Downloads to uncheck that stupid box before even trying to remove the downloads (again, 1 at a time). This already daunting task is made even more painful by the fact that whenever you click the save button after removing that option, the list gets reloaded and things move around. So keeping track of which entries you've disable and which ones you haven't becomes near impossible. I think I would also need to uninstall the app from my phone before doing any of this to make that it doesn't it doesn't check in with the server and sync again while I'm making my way through the list.

Can anyone help me? There has got to be a better way to get rid of your downloaded music and start over. Where is this setting stored behind the scenes? Is there a file somewhere where I can more easily disable the sync option in bulk? Is there somewhere I can completely wipe everything out that's listed under Manage Downloads (just called Downloads on Emby Server)? The method I've described above is immensely infuriating, enough to make me question whether I really want to continue on using Emby as my media server.

I am using the latest versions of both the Android app on Android 10 and Emby Server on Windows 10.

Hi, Try looking at the Conversions menu in the web admin panel on the server.  There is likely a job there for this that you can delete.

marcsimus

Thanks again. However, when I mentioned "I went into Manage Downloads (both in the Android app and on the Windows server)", that is where I was talking about server side. I don't see a way to bulk remove all of the items there. So I would have to click into each item to uncheck the "Automatically download new content". For reasons that I explained in my original post, that is an extremely painful and inefficient process. So that is the question I have: Is there a better way outside of that Downloads menu?

• Solution
marcsimus

Fyi, I found a solution. I used the iMacros browser addon to record the removal of the first item listed in the Downloads dashboard. Then I just replayed that macro on a loop to bulk remove everything. However, it would be nice if Emby had a "Remove all" or a " Select Multiple" option in that Downloads dashboard to facilitate bulk removal, without the need to rely on third party browser addons.