No Program Data Available in upper channels

IamJosh

Hi - I am using Emby (latest version 4.5.2.0) on a Fire TV and always had this problem for the past year, even with previous versions. I am using Emby's Guide Data. I am currently getting OTA through Locast, but this exact same problem occurred when I had OTA channels with HDHomerun. Here is:

- When opening the live tv guide, I see the list of channels and programming starting from the top (see print screen 1) which is for me starts with channel 2.1 CBS since I sort them by channel number. When I scroll down the channels, I see all channels and program data. For example, scrolling down to 9.1 as seen in print screen 2.

- Now if I select a channel located down the guide (9.1 for example), and I then I exit Emby, and go back to Emby, it will by default go back to 9.1 when I open the guide. However the problem if when I scroll up, it then shows "No Program Data Available" for the upper channels above 9.1 (as seen in print screen 3). If I select an upper channel, it comes up fine with the data info for that channel I select. If I select 2.1, and exit Emby and go back in Emby, the TV Guide will by default start at 2.1 and the tv guide is back up exactly like it was in print screen 1.

This has been the case in all Fire TV's I have tried this on, I basically cannot exit Emby from a lower scrolled down channel if I want to have a TV guide for the upper channels. I have tried to reboot the server, remove and reload the guide, rescan and reload channels, but this problem has always persisted.

Does anyone know if there is  fix for this - Thank you

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

mark-in-dallas

I also have this problem in Android, but have found that scrolling up to a point above the channels showing No Program Data Available and then scrolling back down will then show correct program data for those channels.  I haven't bothered to report it because to me its a minor glitch and easily corrected by a bit of scrolling.  I am on the Beta version.

2 hours ago, mark-in-dallas said:

I also have this problem in Android, but have found that scrolling up to a point above the channels showing No Program Data Available and then scrolling back down will then show correct program data for those channels.  I haven't bothered to report it because to me its a minor glitch and easily corrected by a bit of scrolling.  I am on the Beta version.

Hi, thanks for your note, but that doesn't work.

jkramer
On 11/11/2020 at 7:43 AM, mark-in-dallas said:

I scroll right for an hour or 2 (on the grid) then right back and it refreshes properly.

6 hours ago, jkramer said:

This seems familiar?

Yes, it is exactly what it happening to me, and when I scroll to the right and then back, the guide comes back up like it does with you on your video. It doesn't, however, fix the problem, it has to be done every time. Did you find a fix for the problem? Thanks

1 hour ago, jkramer said:

I scroll right for an hour or 2 (on the grid) then right back and it refreshes properly.

And if I read your subsequent replies correctly, this happens on your Fire TV and Nvidia Shield, but it is fine on Roku? If so, that seems to indicate that the problem is not with the server.

30 minutes ago, ebr said:

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet but I will keep trying.

Thank you. Let me know if I can provide anything else, if a video would help for instance.

5 minutes ago, Josh-Emby said:

Thank you. Let me know if I can provide anything else, if a video would help for instance.

I understand what you guys are seeing.  I just cannot make it happen myself yet so I'm not sure why.

mark-in-dallas
1 hour ago, ebr said:

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet but I will keep trying.

Hi ebr,

Try going to the highest channel in the Guide and beginning to play it, then back out of the program and go to any other tab.  Wait several minutes and then go back to the Guide and there should be a number of the lower channels showing above the highest channel with the No Program Data message.  The scroll those channels out of focus and return and the program data should display correctly.

I went to make a short video this morning to show the glitch but found that to reproduce I had to stay out of the guide for at least a couple of minutes, which I had not noticed before because I don't normally jump back and forth quickly between the Guide and other Tabs. 

Edited by mark-in-dallas

jkramer
33 minutes ago, mark-in-dallas said:

I went to make a short video this morning to show the glitch but found that to reproduce I had to stay out of the guide for at least a couple of minutes, which I had not noticed before because I don't normally jump back and forth quickly between the Guide and other Tabs. 

You'll see a similar video I made in the thread I linked above. Same issue I'd be willing to bet.

1 hour ago, mark-in-dallas said:

to reproduce I had to stay out of the guide for at least a couple of minutes,

Is it really a couple of minutes or, perhaps, is it that you need to wait for a 30 minute time slot to expire.  IOW - leave the guide at 10:29 and come back at 10:30.  I think maybe that is the key.  I'll check that out.

mark-in-dallas

And you would be right ebr.  I just checked again and it is moving into a new 30 minute time slot that triggers the No Program Data messages.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

21 hours ago, ebr said:

Is it really a couple of minutes or, perhaps, is it that you need to wait for a 30 minute time slot to expire.  IOW - leave the guide at 10:29 and come back at 10:30.  I think maybe that is the key.  I'll check that out.

I my case, I don't need to wait, if I exit Emby, as soon as I go back in, it does it. And as seen in my photos, they happened at 10:39-10:40, so not under a new timeslot. I am happy to try and/test anything else to see if it can help determine what is causing it.

20 hours ago, mark-in-dallas said:

And you would be right ebr.  I just checked again and it is moving into a new 30 minute time slot that triggers the No Program Data messages.

I my case, I don't need to wait, if I exit Emby, as soon as I go back in, it does it. And as seen in my photos, they happened at 10:39-10:40, so not under a new timeslot

jkramer
On 11/12/2020 at 10:22 AM, Josh-Emby said:

And if I read your subsequent replies correctly, this happens on your Fire TV and Nvidia Shield, but it is fine on Roku? If so, that seems to indicate that the problem is not with the server.

Sorry missed this before. I don't have a Fire device. I have the web app on a Win10 pc using Chrome, a Shield Pro and a Shield Tube, both 2019 flavors, and an original Roku Ultra. It only does this on both Shields. 

• 4 months later...
TonkaTuff

I've just cut across from Kodi to Emby for Live TV and DVR and I'm also experiencing the issue described in this thread on my Shield TV 2019 ('tube' version).

The guide works fine when accessed from a browser.

• Emby Server v4.5.4.0 running in user mode on Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit) in a VMWare Workstation v14.1.0 VM
  • HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO
  • Emby for Android TV v1.8.55g, running on 2019 Nvidia Shield TV ('tube' version), SHIELD Android TV SW Version 8.2.2(32.6.509.0)

8 hours ago, TonkaTuff said:

I've just cut across from Kodi to Emby for Live TV and DVR and I'm also experiencing the issue described in this thread on my Shield TV 2019 ('tube' version).

The guide works fine when accessed from a browser.

• Emby Server v4.5.4.0 running in user mode on Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit) in a VMWare Workstation v14.1.0 VM
  • HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO
  • Emby for Android TV v1.8.55g, running on 2019 Nvidia Shield TV ('tube' version), SHIELD Android TV SW Version 8.2.2(32.6.509.0)

Hi.  The issue in this thread was addressed.  Can we please look at specifics from whatever issue you are having now?

Thanks.

TonkaTuff

Hi @ebr

Thanks for jumping in.

Reviewing the thread again, I can't see that a solution was identified. It seemed that you were trying to re-produce it but had been unable to do so.

As to the specifics, the problem seems to be exactly as the OP describes and Mark-in-Dallas has captured in his video.

Cheers,

TT

IamJosh

The issue was responded to, but was not actually addressed, the problem still exist. There doesn't seem to be a solution, I've just been "living" with it and keep having to go back and forth to have the guide re-appear.

• Like 1

Okay, then let's look at this fresh after the next release of the app which should be fairly soon.

Thanks.

• Like 1