Emby Misidentifies TV Show Recording of COBRA (2020)

saj

Hi Luke,

One thing that has been confusing about this is that when I would look under Live TV at the schedule of upcoming recordings, the show seemed to be listed properly - at least it had the correct image. Perhaps it would be useful if there were accessible metadata associated with scheduled series recordings, so we could check it and perhaps update it if necessary. As it stands now, I don't see much information about what emby is able to ascertain from the guide data about a series. Is there already some place that can be seen?

It's the internet metadata refresh that is the problem. You could always turn it off for your recordings library.

I just checked my recordings library settings and  "Automatically refresh metadata from the internet" is set to "Never". I don't think it has ever been otherwise.

Thanks

1 minute ago, saj said:

I just checked my recordings library settings and  "Automatically refresh metadata from the internet" is set to "Never". I don't think it has ever been otherwise.

Thanks

That has nothing to do with the first time import.

When the guide data doesn't give us the year, we try to figure it out using internet metadata. I think for the most part it succeeds, but this is one of those rare exceptions.

OK, I certainly understand that limitation. Can you tell from the log I sent that the guide data is indeed not supplying the year? Also, that makes me wonder how MediaMogal's is working. It would seem no one's would work for that show if they are fetching metadata.

Edited by saj

MediaMogal

If I had my way metadata would never be used, that said here are some screen of what I have. I maximized Dolphine so you could see the full address towards the top as well as the file names.

COBRA 2.png

COBRA 3.png

COBRA 1.jpg

MediaMogal
2 hours ago, saj said:

Thanks MediaMogal,

So you do not have the metadata fetchers all turned off and you're not having the problem. Is that correct?

I don't know about off  but at least default. I can check.

MediaMogal

OK not seeing where the info would be in settings, but when I create a library I leave the metadata setting at their defaults. Then I go to metadata manager for that library and check each show one by one and correct if needed. Don't know if that helps any.

Edited by MediaMogal

Hi MediaMogal,

You can see the metadata fetcher setting by going to the server dashboard, selecting Library, clicking on the 3 dots for a particular library, selecting Edit and scrolling down to see the Metadata Downloaders options. I believe the default is always to have at least some of them on. So it looks like you are not turning off metadata fetching, and you are not having my problem anyway. So Luke, do you know how that fits with the theory of the problem.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thank you, MediaMogal. That does confirm that you are using the default settings.I do have all the downloaders enabled on mine. Luke, I will try switching to the default downloader settings. Unfortunately, it will be some time before I can test the results. The first season episodes are over, and I will have to wait for the second season I suppose.

Thanks to both of you for your help. I will report the result when I am able to get one.

• Like 1

Hi and Happy Holidays,

I changed my recording settings for Cobra to record new and repeat episodes, and I set my metadata downloader settings to the defaults. I also deleted all the old files and metadata so it would all be created from scratch.

Recently, three episodes were  re-aired, so I was able to record them. All of them recorded exactly as I would want - correct metadata and files in the correct location and with correct names. So apparently turning off metadata fetchers beyond the defaults fixed the problem. I turned off:

Series metadata downloaders;

The Open Movie Database

Season metadata downloaders:

TheMovieDB

Episode metadata downloaders:

TheMovieDB

The Open Movie Database

The downloaders that were turned off were all at the bottom of the priority list, except of course that there is only one Season metadata downloader listed, so now none is on.

So that begs the question of why having those turned on caused this problem.

Thanks very much

Edited by saj
  • Like 1