Thumbnail disappears after watching

undead9786

undead9786

Hi, I am getting the same issue that is found here: 

Going back in and out of the folders didn't help. I tried force closing Kodi itself with no luck. On the Emby server the thumbnails are fine. Pre-Emby for Kodi I did not have this issue either.

I have the latest Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV.

Latest Emby server on windows server.

quickmic

Can you design a testcase for me?

Where and how should the episode be marked as watched? Context menu, just watch it, only after sync from other devices, what skin are you using etc.

Are you using a Laptop and sometimes connected to emby server via Wan and sometimes via LAN?

Please define the exact parameters for review, thanks.

Edited by quickmic

undead9786

-Marking it as watched via context menu does not remove the thumbnail

-Watching the video from start to finish does remove the thumbnail

-Watching the video for 15 seconds and stopping removes the thumbnail

-Resuming the video and finishing it adds the thumbnail back

-Watching it again (even if I fast forward through it) adds the thumbnail back

-Using Estuary skin

-Emby is installed on a laptop with wifi off, no managed networks on there, directly connected to LAN with windows server installed

-Kodi is installed on Nvidia Shield also connected to LAN

• Like 1

quickmic

I was able to reproduce the issue or at least a variant of it. I think the issue has nothing todo with marking as watched.

https://youtu.be/uZwHMnjYODc

Before I started the video 00:00 - 00:03 -> no thumbnail

00:09 - 00:14 -> thumbnail, but watch the episode label. It changed the format

then I wait for a few seconds, as soon as label switched back to kodi format -> no thumbnail

00:15 - 00:21

The main issue is the plugin design in 4.x. I wrote a few lines in the 5.0 thread about that:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/90781-embyforkodi-500-preview/page/5/&tab=comments#comment-945947

The actual problem is the playlist manipulations in 4.x. I could try to fix it, but it's a hell of effort for an issue which basically never should appear in the first place, when Kodi is back in control over playlists etc.

As it's just an inconvenience, I would suggest please wait for 5.x.

Edited by quickmic

undead9786

I wouldn't mind beta testing the new version if that doesn't make the issue appear 😃 
I just installed the beta version rep and that one is 4.x still but a slightly higher version =/

quickmic

5.0 alpha versions are only available via sideload from here. https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/

It requires a complete Kodi database wipe and DON'T TRY IT WITHOUT A FULL KODI BACKUP.

Not all features are working at the moment, and I'll release an update on weekend which will require another database wipe.

Here is the support thread:

Edited by quickmic

undead9786

Ah, will wait for beta then to jump ship.
Do you happen to know if moving to 5.0 automatically puts the thumbnails back or would I have to clear something to get it working?

quickmic

5.0 cannot be affected by such bugs by the new code design. No need to modify anything. But the Kodi DB structure is different. So even in beta or final stable it will require a Kodi-DB wipe.

undead9786

That's fine on the wipe, don't mind it but alpha sounds like constant wipes vs a definite 1 time wipe and maybe a few more on beta.