Subtitles not in sync.

Zonal

I was watching a TV show and the first few episodes showed the subtitles perfectly in sync. But then all of a sudden for newer episodes they're out of sync. In Plex there is an option called 'burn subtitles' which fixedsthis issue, but in Emby I can't find a similar setting/option. I also read that it's more convenient for Emby to have an external .srt file, so I extracted the subtitles for the episodes with this issue but they're still out of sync.

I checked if this also happened on my PC and on the server running Emby (in a browser), but they both play the subtitles perfectly in sync. So it must be the app/LG I assume. Is there some setting or option to fix this problem or is it just a problem with LG (or the app itself)?

Thanks in advance :)

rbjtech

The LG App will likely get the subtitle advance/delay feature but Emby are at the mercy of the LG reviewing team before new apps can be released.  The last update was a few months ago, so I expect the subtitle sync feature to be at least 3 maybe 4 months away based on previous experience (as I don't believe this 'new' feature will be in the latest release)

If it's only a couple of episodes, then another option is to use subtitle edit (freeware) on the .SRT file, and you can add advance/delay as you see fit (it allows you to sync with the Video) - it's a pretty impressive utility.

Edited by rbjtech

2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

The LG App will likely get the subtitle advance/delay feature but Emby are at the mercy of the LG reviewing team before new apps can be released.  The last update was a few months ago, so I expect the subtitle sync feature to be at least 3 maybe 4 months away based on previous experience (as I don't believe this 'new' feature will be in the latest release)

If it's only a couple of episodes, then another option is to use subtitle edit (freeware) on the .SRT file, and you can add advance/delay as you see fit (it allows you to sync with the Video) - it's a pretty impressive utility.

Hey rbjtech,

Thanks for your reply. I get your point, though it would be impossible (or take a whole lot of time) to edit something on my PC where I can't detect the delay. Since the delay only takes place in the Emby app on my LG tv. Do you know what I mean?

I was already familiar with Subtitle Edit for changing the time stamps on subs when needed :)

rbjtech

With you.

It's odd that the sync is ok on the other apps/web - I've not experienced any sync issues with subs using the LG App myself.

I believe there is an option called 'playback correction' which basically forces a transcode - but I'm not 100% sure if that is an option in the LG App.  If it is there - it will be in the 'config' menu, where Stats for Nerds is.  

I'll look later - I don't have access to my LG TV for the moment ...

The Stats for nerds is only available within the settings of a video file for me. Not in the settings of the Emby app itself and if I select that it directly brings me back to the playback of the video. I can't find 'playback correction' or something similar anywhere in the options of the app or the settings when playing a file. So I guess it's not in the LG app? I do have the cheapest model on the market, don't know if that makes any difference...?

Is there an ETA on the next update for the LG app? And what is considered the best player hardware for Emby, outside Nvidia Shield and a PC?

• 5 months later...
SvenVR73

Is there a new version for LG planned ? I am on premium and love the app bur this is a deal breaker for me if this is not fixed. 

On 5/6/2021 at 7:51 AM, SvenVR73 said:

Is there a new version for LG planned ? I am on premium and love the app bur this is a deal breaker for me if this is not fixed. 

Hi there, yes we are working on getting the app updated. Thanks for the feedback.