Invalid Username or password trying to authenticate on nvidia shield

wilcoson

wilcoson

I've googled etc but haven't found a successful solution yet. I'm able to access my server via ios and web but the same username/pw combo repeatedly fail. Used PIN and manual methods to same result. I've attached logs. I'm assume there's some kind of token issue involved but I'm lost at this point. I did have to point port 8096 to 8097 but it's properly fwded in my router and as mentioned, I can access everything ok on other devices. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike

embyserver.txt

Can you please try to log in on the app and then use the button on the login screen to send a log (after getting the invalid pw message)?

Thanks.

Thanks.  Looks like an actual invalid user name and password.  Exactly what credentials are you entering and how?  Local user name and password?  Do either contain any "odd" characters?

wilcoson

I'm using very basic credentials, nothing exotic. I think I've entered them a 100 times by now so I sincerely doubt I'm entering them wrong. That said, I'm not going to post them here.

No, don't want you to post them here.  Exactly where did you define these?  In the local server user setup or Emby Connect?  If you select the option to not require a password on the local network, what happens?

17 minutes ago, wilcoson said:

I'm able to access media if I set pw to not required.

Okay, so that means it has to be the password and not the user.  If you change your password - only in the server user configuration - so the local Emby user.  Does it still not work with the new password?